Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damb Squeaky Fan Belts!!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey unfair :0 mines only squeeked for about 20,000ks and that's how old the belt is, but it's only slight, sometimes but still it annoys me. My old belt exploded and took half my bonnet felt with it!

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
The tensioner pulley only tighten's the alternator belt, and i already did that 6 months ago and the sweaking continues.

There's two other belts also, but tensioning them doesn't seem so straight forward. They all seem pretty tight anyway. Is tightening the others easy or just as difficult as it looks?

A mate of mine recons that some fan belts just squeak regardless of age or tension, but that may be a load of BS. Any opinions?

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
That could be true cause on a vh i had the p/steer belt squeeked at anything above 2000rpm it was b/new case the outher one got thrown off doing circle work.

vq~gangsta

Resident science geek
Reaction score
Website
www.mbs.adelaide.edu.au
Members Ride
VE 3.0 SIDI ex-cop
Hey, does anyone know if liquid soap works???

If you're game enough to try it let me know eh?

C

coolkenny

when i 1st bought me vn 7 years a ago it squeeked like a mother$%^& , i just sprayed a little wd (or that type of product ) on it and it shut up. btw the belt lasted for seven years and stilll going strong ,lol talk about getting maxamiun life span otta a part hehehe.

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
This may be helpful to others in this situation, so to those who have sprayed it with WD40 or used yellow soap, did you coat both sides of the belt?

vn2nv

Reaction score
simply covering up the squeeking with soap won't solve the problem and may even cause more problems later on with other components. Replace belt and tighten the belt a bit more. There should be very little if no slip.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
:bop: Dont f#ck around with noisy belts where there is noise they are worn or loose, due for newones i reckon