Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dan's WAGG1N rebuild 20s, bags, interior,stez, LS1

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
thanks for the replys everyone i gotta finish the back seats tomorrow n then i can get started on the center console, gonna put a lid on it the same as the one on the front center console, but i'll mount cup holders in the lid.
Then i can easily get to the battery and inverter inside the console, wanna try n squeeze a ps3 in there too, but i'm doubtin it'll fit.

Anyone know a way of transportin an ls1 from bayswater out cranbourne way i have no ute and no towball and the mechanic really wants it gone...

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hey man, great install, looking awesome cant wait to see some more updated pics, and yeah go alpine.....

good luck with it

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
not much happenin on the wags this week coz i haven't had much chance to get to the car...
I nearly finished the modified seat frames at work today so when they're done and powdercoated (they're a bit rusty) i'll take em home and start on the center console. Thats all...

LeojVS

Qawwa.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S Ute, 76 Buick
dear God! What a wagon this will be! Best of luck!

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
finished the seats yesterday they're first in line for powdercoating tomorrow morning at work, i want em to look really tidy so they pass engineers cert. always helps if they look tidy. Had a pretty big night last night so didn't get much done today, only put the covers over the rings for the splits so now they're seperate from the main enclosure...

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
finally found a home for my new engine so i get to pick it up on friday:w00t::w00t:

first on the list i think is gona be prettyin it up a bit... polished intake manifold, chrome diped pulleys, new valve covers.

its good i don't have to get a new coolant overflow reservoir i'm gonna get a polished stainless one made at work should look good.

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
:w00t::w00t::w00t: picked up my ls1 on friday can't wait to get it in, i wanna go whole hog n get a gen tt kit installed wit it but that means i gotta save about 13k to have it all up n running, so i think the car uis just gonna stay black not gonna get another respray.
I got a whole lotta stuff to buy for the engine, found a few cool things on ebay last night.
Whatta ya think of this, it's from the US but even with US$275 postage its a pretty good deal... works out to be around $800 with fuel rails!

52060.jpg

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
just a bit of an update on the wags, both sides of the boot install are wrapped up ready to spray with resin, and i've done the rear half of the center console ready to make the amp mounts and wrap it up, the center console turned out really really good so far, when i mount the amps the smaller monos sit at the bottom and the 4ch sit slightly behind em and up higher facin towards the tailgate... fits perfect theres only about an inch gap from the edge of the amp to the sub box on either side.

Might sound a bit confusing but i'll get the amps mounted and some piccies up by next weekend i'm really happy with the result...

Rear buckets are a lot more work than i was expecting tho i goota make some flat box section for the rails to sit on so it'll get me my engineers cert.
because the floors so uneven its gonna be a bit of work gettin the box section sittin right but we'll see how it goes!