Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dark Calais Screen

Ryan026

VE Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Ive had my 07 Calais for a while now but only in the last few weeks ive had issues with the screen. If the car has not been used for a few hours (overnight ect.) when starting the car, the screen on the head unit will be really dark and hard the read, even if the settings are set high in brightness... Give it about an hour and it clears up and is back to normal. The only work I have done that might have caused this is a complete audio system which runs off the car battery anyway and im assured by the guys who installed the system, this has no effect on the screen. Just wondering if anyone out there has had an issue like this in the past or if anyone might know the cause?
IMG_20120620_114546[1].jpg IMG_20120620_114555[1].jpg

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
It might have something to do with the light sensor on the dash? I notice when my headlights automatically turn on the head unit screen will change illumination to compensate for the lack of light.

mmcalaisv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
mine does this from time to time, just turn the lights on and off a couple of times and it will come good.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
yep common issue with the calais with auto diming/lights. Only happens for me when I come home at night and have the lights set to auto off/on. Next morning the screen will be dark (sometimes) and the only solution is, as stated above, to flick the lights off and on manually. My holden stealer refused to acknowledge it as an issue so couldn't get it rectified under warranty.