Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Dash changed for sale

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
Surely Holden will be able to tell if that dash belongs to that chassis? Plug in some computer/tech12 or know how to get dash serial numbers up, or match serial numbers to chassis, ect.. They'd be the ones to ask how ya can tell..

Otherwise How many people would be swapping dashes for warranty purposes??

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
Yeah deffinatly, so hopefully Monday I get some positive feedback.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
So where did the second dash come from and where is the other VX with the missing dash? That's the questions you should of asked when on the phone, obviously not revealing that you had previous business with the seller.

Seems a little too co-incidental, don't you think? I guess it was chance you found him selling the original dash, something you wouldn't think of when buying a car and something he prob didn't expect either. MotorReg wont help you as km's are not required information when transferring vehicles between different parties.

So the last service from Holden would've been a 80 000kms/90 000kms service prob, which consists of a fuel filter and sparkplug change as well as the oil & etc.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
He said he got the dash from a wreckers, it was only serviced by Holden's until 60,000km's. After that was private servicing.

Nah I don't think he expected me to look at that sorta stuff anyway. He took the add off gumtree after I spoke to him about it.

Not sure what consumer affairs can do about it anyway..

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
Date of last service? Was it stopped being serviced by Holden because the warranty ran out?

It could take a person a year to do the missing 33000km. 80 000km on a VX SS was the norm back in 05/06. Wouldn't find many with 90 000, that's for sure.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
It stopped at 40,000. I rang up Holden's today, they said they last services it at 149,900 in 2008..

So yeah got done, tried to ring consumer affairs but no luck...

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Call the old owner, explain that you are now dealing with consumer affairs, and the police, if he would like to settle the dispute civilly, you would happily accept $6k back, or it will be in the hands of the authorities.
either he calls your bluff and it nothing changes, or you get something back.

or he is reading this post and knows your plan now....

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
**** what bad luck matey.

Mine for the price was a bargain i still reckon. He was initially asking 9k and i got it for 7.2k. I suspect different dash as well but everythign so far is telling me its correct to the kms. Engine fresh, healthy and goes like the clappers.

Still, sorry to hear bout yours matey. Kinda deflates ya

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mmm not sure what I wanna do. Once I get Holden's to email me the history service including vin numbers etc to confirm that it's the same car. Print out the photo I took of his add of him selling the original dash and also print out papers from consumer affairs.

To say I want half back or else would be blackmail I reckon..

I've been duped so I do believe I should be getting some money back, not even consumer affairs can get me my money back. Only they prosecute the offender. That's rubbish in my opinion..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Mmm not sure what I wanna do. Once I get Holden's to email me the history service including vin numbers etc to confirm that it's the same car. Print out the photo I took of his add of him selling the original dash and also print out papers from consumer affairs.

To say I want half back or else would be blackmail I reckon..

I've been duped so I do believe I should be getting some money back, not even consumer affairs can get me my money back. Only they prosecute the offender. That's rubbish in my opinion..

Phone your local police station an ask what you should do, as you have never had to do something like this.

Cheers
Mat