Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Clusters

T

tommythe1

Hey there guys heres a tricky one,I changed the dash cluster on my VT excetuive with one out of a berlina,the tripple screen cluster works great but one thing,air bag light is on as the Berlina has 2 air bags where mine only has one,down to Holden I go and they will reprograme it but this will cost fortune,so I asked if I just take the light out will it only cause the air bag not to work but the fella said that if the light is on for any length of time it will stop the car going into top gear,is this true? can I just take the air bag globe out and and not effect anything but the air bag :confused:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
My airbag light comes on and stays on every time I drive and it has for about 3 years now because I can't be bothered getting it reset but the car still goes into top gear. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
I Will Check For You Wit A Mate And Ill Eg T Back To You

GIVE ME 24 HOURS AND ILL GET BACK TO YOU ABOUT ...............CHEERS :thumbsup:

T

tommythe1

Thanks fellas I thought the guys at Holden were just trying to get dollors out of me,what a bunch of $#@$! it should only affect the air bag, I might put it back in and see how it goes thank again fellas

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
I put a berlina triple cluster into mine too, that was over 2 years ago, my airbag light has been on ever since but I still get top gear.

I thought that all it needed was a Tech2 reconfiguration done.

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
they talk sh*t mate, they just wanna make money out of you...i was just installing an amp in my VT (under front seat) and theres that airbag lead, they said if i disconnect it, then ill have to get it reprogrammed for around $60-$80, i reckon its all a big revnue raiser, i mean they couldnt even give me a straight price, and everyone else i checked with said its fine to disconnect as long as the key is not in the ignition :D...w*nkers mate

VTWGN97

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon
Was your original a single screen trip, and when you put in the new 1 did all three work.:w00t:

T

tommythe1

Thanks heaps fellas and you were all right Holden is a bit heavy on the price

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
It needs to be configured to suit the correct airbag system, you will need to take it to a dealer with a tech2

Rob