Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash command for series 2 VE thunder SS

TUFVY STORM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder SS ute
just wondering if anyone can help me out i come across the dash command app and want to know whats involved in hooking it into a VE thunder SS series 2 on the IQ system? I also saw a iphone the was controlled from the touch screen with full functions of the apps if anyone could share any info on this ?

Thanks

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey Mate,

Best bet to get Dash Command running on your iPhone or iPad is to jump on ebay and buy a Kiwi Wifi dongle, for memory they are around $180. Best one i have used by far in terms of speed. There are others on there but remember you want a WIFI version NOT a bluetooth as apple don't accept bluetooth for this app.

In terms of the head unit running the IPHONE, this can be down however i have not seen it done on a series 2 yet, what sort of video input does the head unit have? does anyone know?

Westy

TUFVY STORM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder SS ute
thanks for the reply so with the app and the dongle it will work on the ipad or phone but not onto screen unless i get the pad or pod onto the screen and im not sure what its got i know it has something there cause of the reverse camera option im doing my sound system in a few weeks so will know more, how did the ipod/iphone screen hook into the series 1 screen?

Thanks again
Chris