Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash doesn't beep anymore

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I was meaning a broken mode switch, which would break the cuircut?
When low fuel warning comes up their is no beep either, so its not just button presses that are quiet, definitely the speaker itself or possible the circuit leading to it but I doubt that. More just want to find the thing so I can have a go replacing it and see what happens from there

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Here’s a schematic of the instrument cluster. I haven’t found a photo yet tho sorry. It shows the chime is internal though.

Attachments

• 35EB1CD7-A05F-4730-B5C9-4FE41FCB7F34.jpeg
    35EB1CD7-A05F-4730-B5C9-4FE41FCB7F34.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 93

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here’s a schematic of the instrument cluster. I haven’t found a photo yet tho sorry. It shows the chime is internal though.
Thanks slipknot09, thats definitely handy to have

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
One more test is pull the handbrake on a few clicks (not enough to stop the car) then try and drive it. My S pak plays a tune if you try this.
Is your's a 3-window dash? Either way they're pretty cheap on ebay. Even just to test it by swapping it?
I have a couple of both types I am thinking of selling. Not sure of k's though right now, but I can check. But Better check compatability. I THINK one is VT.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
One more test is pull the handbrake on a few clicks (not enough to stop the car) then try and drive it. My S pak plays a tune if you try this.
Is your's a 3-window dash? Either way they're pretty cheap on ebay. Even just to test it by swapping it?
I have a couple of both types I am thinking of selling. Not sure of k's though right now, but I can check. But Better check compatability. I THINK one is VT.
Yeah I've already tried the handbrake enough to light it up on the dash, its completely silent

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Yeah I've already tried the handbrake enough to light it up on the dash, its completely silent
I'm pulling a vx apart and where the airbag tone comes from is to the left hand side of steering wheel below the hazard lights switch,there are speaker slots in the dash,the plastic around the cluster has to come off to access it, has two wires an looks almost like a tiny reverse beeper.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm pulling a vx apart and where the airbag tone comes from is to the left hand side of steering wheel below the hazard lights switch,there are speaker slots in the dash,the plastic around the cluster has to come off to access it, has two wires an looks almost like a tiny reverse beeper.

I'm pretty sure that opening is for the A/C temperature sensor.
At the moment I have the airbag chime going off every start so I was able to narrow the chime down. With a piece of hose to my ear like a stethoscope the chime is loudest from, or very close to the cluster and considerably softer near the opening in the dash surround.

Last edited:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
T
That is a sensor there I think for the climate control

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
At the moment I have the airbag chime going off every start so I was able to narrow the chime down. With a piece of hose to my ear like a stethoscope the chime is loudest from, or very close to the cluster and considerably softer near the opening in the dash surround.
Since I had to get a new phone I can't upload pics otherwise I would post a pic of it up, it is deep in there, I can go get measurements an post them up