Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash gauge install progress

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
One is volts the other is oil pressure and yes you can get just about any gauge you want

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
One is volts the other is oil pressure and yes you can get just about any gauge you want

so what do u want the oil pressure one for? what makes the pressure increase?

what others can u get?

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
i like to know how good the flow in the engine is lol....its messures the pressure in PSI when the engine is cold the oil is thicker therefore the psi is usally higher around 70-80 psi than once it settles down about 25-30 psi at idle...with more revs the pressure goes up as the engine needs more lubrication so the gauge dosnt just sit on one thing it moves up and down depending on the revs....sorta like a boost gauge but not really lol... you can get volts, oil pressure, oil temp, air fuel ratio, water temp, boost, vacume check out the website

Iridium Series

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
oh right, guess its good to get some that actually move lol. sounds like u got the 2 good ones

sorry for all the questions, i'm self taught and still learning all i can about cars.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Thants ok thats what these forums are for :) the volts dont move much....well there not supposed to anyway...i would recommend getting them as it 2 gages you dont aready have....dont get water temp or a speedo or tacho coz your car already has that...i want air fuel ratio 2 but i have nowear to put it now

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Thants ok thats what these forums are for :) the volts dont move much....well there not supposed to anyway...i would recommend getting them as it 2 gages you dont aready have....dont get water temp or a speedo or tacho coz your car already has that...i want air fuel ratio 2 but i have nowear to put it now

thanks mate. air to fuel wouldn't was my next pick. would be a tough choice between the oil and that one i reckon. would it change at all though?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
yea he is revving it. i think i like your ones. i checked out an oil pressure one in action on youtube and it looks alright.

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
gauges look sweet at night mate, can you get a 52mm tacho or do they only come in larger sizes ?

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
hmmm looks like tacho only comes as 3/8" size or 5 inch wich is big lol......in that series anyway and i think you will find tachos are always big...dont thiink ive ever seen a 52mm tacho