Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash light issue.

Maccasmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VX Spac
hi all. i recently decided that id swap over my boring green lights in my air con knobs in my VX, as a few were blown etc.

so thought id go with blue, went down to autobarn an got a hold of some blue leds, plugged them in and they worked a charm for a while.

then some of them died. the funny thing is that all the lights that died were in the same posies as the old green ones that were blown :S

any ideas?
cheers.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
im just wondering how you got LED's to fit in the factory spot.. i had to run down to holden to buy the bulbs to replace them in a vt when i was working at autobarn.

i also had to buy new bulbs for my vx as autobarn did not sell the bulbs.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
were resistors used???? if so wat were they rated at and wat was the LEDs forward voltage?

REDNUT 80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Evecutive wagon
mate my vx does this on the light for the odometer, its still a stoko green globe however,

i reciently disconected my engine main fuse for about 10min while trying to clear some codes after a vacume hose disconected, when i put the fuse back in and started the car the odometer light worked as it should, for a few days....

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
no there were no new resistors added. the guy told me the bulbs were the same voltage. 1.5v....? is that right

They must have resistors reguardless man or they will burn out as these r used 2 change 12V into the forward voltage which in ur case is 1.5V but that seems rather low, they should b around the 3V range. LEDs like red use a lower forward voltage range at 2V 2 help prevent killing the LEDs and gettin the most life out of it.

mate my vx does this on the light for the odometer, its still a stoko green globe however,

i reciently disconected my engine main fuse for about 10min while trying to clear some codes after a vacume hose disconected, when i put the fuse back in and started the car the odometer light worked as it should, for a few days....

Sound like the globe holders making poor contact or the globes filiment is just holding on but with the slightest bump or knock it'll go on n off. these globes used r bad 4 that, thats y is best 2 go LEDs.

REDNUT 80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Evecutive wagon
seems odd that pulling my main engine fuse fixxes the problem though? i havent pulled the dash out or gone near acuatly touching the globes to knock them back in,

ill give it a try though