Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Mat Alternatives

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i know where i can get them from, i just wanted alternatives to the carpet on the dash, i dont really want a dash mat but if i have to then i will

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
yeah i just did my dash in armorole and all the rubbers and the leather in......its a pr*ck to get off theglass.....now im waiting for the window to fog up lol.....will the window fog up less when it wears away or will i have to polish it out

R

rattattack1313

Park her in the sun for the day with the windows open a bit...cook out all the fumes.... and don't get it on the steering wheel either........makes it a bit slippery...............and I found a good use for the carpet dash mat....my mobile phone has Velcro on it...and I latch the cover onto the carpet, just above the left hand dash controls...... :thumbsup: can see when people ring me cos it lights up....(can't hear it over the juke-box.....loool....).....

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
yeah my mate told me a trcik to armoroling ya car
he does it late at night and leaves the windows down for a few hours b4 he goes to bed he comes out rubs it over and walla
its fine his window doesn't fog either i think it must be because if u put it on during the day it doesn't have the coldness to let it soke in propperly

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
the reason armour all doesnt work so good on newer car is because of what thedash is made out of now, modern dashes are made of a more plasticky material, as compared to older cars that have a more rubbery dash, the older dashes have more ability to absorb the oils from armour oils, thats why it works on ya corolla ke20 but not your VY.