Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash mat no stick

PSCrewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS 6Ltr
Hi guys/girls

just wondering if any one has any good ideas on how to stick down a dash mat or at least something to wipe it with so the velcro sticks
Cheers :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
dad has just used 2 of the velcro tag things that came with it.
so top part of velcro on the dash, and other part on dashmat.
just in the 2 corners near the window. either side. holds perfectly.

however if you are talking about making the sticky part on the backside of the velcro stick on the dash, maybe where the "grey" centre part is (unless gauges are there?)

i would say your mat is sliding back when you are accelerating, even when its very light accel.
was exactly the same problem as dads dashmat.

petergl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore super 6
Yer dash mats can be a pain by sliding off while ur driving and trying to fix it while driving. Just add some more valcroe strips in all the corners. Passenger side may need more than drivers side.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Buy non slip mats off ebay. They are only a few dollars. I put some under my dash mat and now it never moves!!

brinz96VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais
get some thin strips of wire and bend at least 2 into a S shape and hook it in through the demister vent/ cutouts in the mat.

AreWeThereYet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
I like a dash mat because they cut down the windscreen reflections by 90%, but it is hard to keep them in place. They come with pre-glued Velcro strips that don't stick to the dash top plastic. Kernal is on the money with the non-slip mats. You can get this stuff at kitchenware shops or even by the metre at Bunnings. I placed a piece about 200 x 100 on top of the instrument binnacle and a similar piece on top of the dash in front of the passenger, then the dash mat over the top. It works! I didn't think it would be sufficient anchorage, but my dash mat hasn't moved since. Not only that but I don't have to fight with Velcro to remove the dash mat for cleaning.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
1600667609927.png

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I like a dash mat because they cut down the windscreen reflections by 90%, but it is hard to keep them in place. They come with pre-glued Velcro strips that don't stick to the dash top plastic. Kernal is on the money with the non-slip mats. You can get this stuff at kitchenware shops or even by the metre at Bunnings. I placed a piece about 200 x 100 on top of the instrument binnacle and a similar piece on top of the dash in front of the passenger, then the dash mat over the top. It works! I didn't think it would be sufficient anchorage, but my dash mat hasn't moved since. Not only that but I don't have to fight with Velcro to remove the dash mat for cleaning.
I`m glad you put this up.
I will order my dash mat:)