Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash not working on VE

NealeT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2008 60th Ann. Sedan
The dash instruments in my son's 2008 VE (60th Ann.) stopped working yesterday. When he starts the car the orange engine light comes on but nothing else, tacho, speedo, temp, fuel and electronic display are all out. Last night we checked fuses and did a ECM reset, nothing worked so I did a double checked the main fuses and she came good?? This morning it was fine then the dash when out again 5 mins into a drive. I had initially thought the dash unit was dead but the fact that it came good makes me think it's something else. Thought? We live in the Frankston area so if there's someone local that can help out (paid of course) I'd be happy to chat offline. In the mean time does anyone have any ideas on what we can try next?

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Check and make sure when turning the key to the crank position it comes all the way back to the on position, if it stays slightly in the crank position it will put itself into transit mode by memory, and will not have instruments......

NealeT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2008 60th Ann. Sedan
Thanks Tim, will give that a try tonight. Sounds like you might have been caught with this yourself?

timc83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS
Yeah mate, it was a know issue with the earlier VEs at Dealership....