Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash questions

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Most of the lights behind my dash dont light up any more I was wondering if anyone could halp me with how to change the glubs so that all the lights work. Also when you drive around what level does your oil temp sit at. At The Moment my car Only moves a little bit when i turn it on and doesn't move at all when driving or thrashing. I am not sure it that mean the gauge is buggered or not. Also back to the lights behind the dash is it legal to have just the standard yellow/white colour globes or can you change the colour of them.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
um too bad i dont have an oil guage. cant help ya there. in regards to the lights check ur fuses to start. there should only be one globe under ur gearstick which is easy to remove. just take off the interior above it untill all that is there is the stick and the white plastic. undo the white plastic lift it a bit (cant get it off, well i havent been able to anyways) then put ur hand underneath and u will feel the wire and the globe. replace then stick it back in its hole in the white crap and put everything back in. um dash lights u will need to take the cluster out to get to. be careful not to break anything!

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Fuses are all good and the only lights that down work are the oil remp and fuel level. I will pull it out and have a look I'm not to sure how to do but i will experiment. :yeah:

Cody

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator / HQ 5.0L Tonner
temperature gauge doesnt move very much at all when driving (maybe half a notch?) but after driving for an hour or so, and then sitting idling, the temperature will rise, ur gauge isnt broken

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You got to take the dash cluster out that's easy for me and i'm a stodge:p
4 screws 2 inside top and 2 bottom, Pull the outer peace off and unplug the switches, Make sure you remember where they go being a calais there might be a couple,
Stick your hands in and remove the cluster the globes are on the back, Or best thing might be go to a mate that's good or a mechanic:p Let him do it like i do:D

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Pulling the dash surround be careful with the Calais as it has 5 loom connection vs the 2 on execs so can be a little trickier when putting back together.
Live localy in Melb ill do it all for you, can't bare to let you **** it up as calais looms and switch banks are hard to get. (can only get from VP calais or VQS2 Stato).

Cheers Paul.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
... Jeez I should watch my language... Ps im putting some photos of my car up in that other thread you made.

Cheers mate :hit:

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MaNiac_VP said:
Pulling the dash surround be careful with the Calais as it has 5 loom connection vs the 2 on execs so can be a little trickier when putting back together.
Live localy in Melb ill do it all for you, can't bare to let you **** it up as calais looms and switch banks are hard to get. (can only get from VP calais or VQS2 Stato).

Cheers Paul.
I do live in melbourne but i should be able to give it ago myself worse come to forse i can label the plugs i am just unsure of what globes i need and how to get at them I have never seen beind the cluster. Thanx for all your help.