Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dashboard/Control Illumination

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
I replaced mine with the small t5 wedge LEDs modified the bottom by cutting the led down pushed the legs through the board and resolder

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I have just converted my VY to have illuminated steering wheel buttons , not what you would call an easy job , but I did it. You need a set of illuminated buttons from a VZ or WL , a clockspring from a VZ or WL, a wiring plug with about 100mm of wires on itfrom the Main wiring harness to fit on the rear of the clockspring ($20 from a wrecker), a VY & a VZ wiring manuals with wiring circuits shown (ellery's is good). You have to pull the airbag off , then the steering wheel , then the clockspring , then wire up the new plug to existing harness (you need 2 extra wires to go down to the BCM ,) the new clockspring need a couple of "modifications to make it fit (you will see there is a plastic bar on the bottom of it that needs cutting off & a plastic spiggot that needs cutting off on the inner face of it. Depending On what steering wheel you have , you may need to cut a bit off the cast hub of the wheel to make it sit down over the new clockspring. Make sure you disconnect the battery first & solder all your connections properly to the new plug. Remember Airbag will log an unclearable code if you connect battery before you reconnect the airbag. The 2 new wires one is Grey & goes to BCM x-1-5 wire on the BCM , the other is Brown/white , goes to your instrument +ve (any of the dimmable bulbs I picked up a brown/white wire below the console going to the gear selector in the bundled harness. Whew - thats about everything , but it took me a good 4 hours of fiddling. Looks great at night now though!!!!!