Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dead locking car

Sp0tteh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to be able to 'dead lock' my VP with just the button (Immobilizer button thing)

So you dont have to put the key in to Actually dead lock the car

Anyone think this could be done? just an idea

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The idea of deadlocking is to power off the central locking. If you could 'deadlock' a car with the remote, it wouldn't be 'dead'. The term for central locking is live locking, because there is power to the actuators, when you deadlock it, you turn the power off so it can't be unlocked with the remote. If you have seen "Gone in 60 Seconds' when the young guy scans the garage door opener and gets the frequency, a key remote is the same principle. With the right equipment it can be scanned and then the car can be unlocked. Deadlocking prevents this, although why anybody would go to the trouble of scanning a Commodore remote frequency I don't know.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
only the vt s2 onwards has remote deadlocking
all the older cars need key

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
i have a sort of related problem :p today i got back from the servo and my car wouldnt lock. since i had to get ready for work i just used the key in the lock to deadlock and now i cant unlock it at all with key or button. embarrassingly, i had to ring a silvia owner friend for a lift to work. any ideas?