Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dealership spare parts, do these guys know what they're talking about?

BumbleBeeSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VEII SSV Redline Ute
I used to ring the dealerships ordering parts for a panel shop, and the first thing they'd ask for was the vin.
I remember having to order a tail light for the ex's 323 astina and i forgot to take the vin with me.
Ever had to ask your missus to find the vin number on her car? faark me....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I used to ring the dealerships ordering parts for a panel shop, and the first thing they'd ask for was the vin.
I remember having to order a tail light for the ex's 323 astina and i forgot to take the vin with me.
She couldnt find the rego label? :p

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport

I wouldn't even bother trying that one. Much less of a headache to drive the 20km home and get it myself.

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I was buying a new rear bar last week and they wouldn't even talk to me without the VIN. Luckily I also have the number in my phone.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Same, i always give my VIN that way you know you will get the right parts for your ride. I do deal with two dealerships in Adelaide, Hamilton Holden and Claridge Holden, both have been fantastic fullfilling my requirements.

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Yes it certainly pays to give the VIN. I went in to my local Dealer and asked for a Trans Service Kit for my VE SS 08. They gave me the correct Pan Gasket but gave me the wrong Filter. They gave me the filter for a 4L60E. Didn't realize this until I pulled the Pan off and the old filter and found that the filter was different.
You think I wasn't pissed off. No Car to get back to the dealership. Had to wait till the next day. I certainly gave it to the bloke that sold me the filter. Then they told me the filter was an extra $80. I Went Mad at him about all the trouble I went through. He then gave me a better price of paying an extra $30.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yikes, i don't think holden put the 4L60E behind any VE V8's so he must have been smokin something. Certainly no VE SS's

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I rang my spares guy a couple of times and he sounded like he was learning as he was searching the parts I inquired about Lol

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Sometimes they have to go thru a few pagers to find you part like windows explorer folder in a folder.

That is way I said give vin number so much easier for them and faster for you.