Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

decals?? will this pass rego

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if it doesn't it is very easy to just remove a decal.

in the interests of good taste you should take it off anyway ;)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
One of the utes I bought had most of the rear windscreen covered by a sticker. Still passed roady.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Yes well it shouldn't have passed due to a ridiculously dark tint either but it did.

Neither sticker nor tint was my doing though. Previous owner

Sent from my HTC using tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
not sure bout nsw but in sa as long as you have 2 external mirrors it's not required to be able to see through the rear windscreen,is however stupid imo to not be able to see through for safety reasons

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
not sure bout nsw but in sa as long as you have 2 external mirrors it's not required to be able to see through the rear windscreen,is however stupid imo to not be able to see through for safety reasons

inside rear vision mirror is an ADR (14/00,01 or 02 depending on year of the car), thus should apply to all states.

inside rear view is not manditory if impractical (i.e. van with no rear windows) but as commodores have gained ADR based on it having a rear window and rear view mirror, then the rear windscreen needs to be unobstructed.

ADR1402FINALFRLI_image012.gif

Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 14/02 - Rear Vision Mirrors) 2006

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
agreed,over here though you can get away with having your rear window obstructed so to speak if you have a good reason,think about a dual cab Nissan mitsy etc,even with just a canopy on the back empty you have trouble seeing out the back,same as a big 4wd which is one reason why lots of these vehicles now come with rear sensors or camera's,i agree they shouldn't be blocked for safety but here in sa it is not compulsory to have 3 mirrors so to speak,as long as you have 2 external mirrors you are fine with the law-lol

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
I thinks it's because a ute is considered a commercial vehicle it can get away with the side quarter windows and rear window being obstructed. I had a VG ute with a huge sticker on the back window an very dark tint and never had a drama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk