Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decision Time

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd wait another 6 months and pick up a VY SS.

However, i do know of a low 11 VT SS that will be selling shortly, has PBR brakes all round, VZ SS interior, lowered and on 19's.

Trei

The Skaife Fan Man.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
and then again i love the look of the headlights on the vx compared to that of the vt....really comes down to personal preference.

Yeah, I totally Agree. I'd prefer to drive an executive with those lights, over a berlina... because of how much I like the headlight design (weird ey !! )

I also like the VX looks best of all the Commodores

I totally agree.

Now, as for business at hand. The VX is a superior car in terms of refinement, The VX is really as we all know it a VT with a few changes, but those few changes make it a far superior car. Don't forget, Holden took a good thing and made it better. IF i was you, I'd go for the VX.

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
I've got one of each (both series2s). The VX is quieter and faster and does feel more solid. Take each for a drive and see what you think.

rpm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT WAGON
VT series 2 belina or SS..........or...........VZ..personally wouldnt touch the VX or VY. but thats just me:thumbsup: :dance:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd wait another 6 months and pick up a VY SS.

However, i do know of a low 11 VT SS that will be selling shortly, has PBR brakes all round, VZ SS interior, lowered and on 19's.

Heh - wait till June and mine will be going cheap. Has a few KM but has been religiously serviced and will be priced to sell.

Reaper

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
reaper i am in the market and can easily wait until then, although prefer not to, now you said priced to sell so when time comes give me a pm with a cash price of the car

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
personal pref, the VX any day. but up to you really. Remember the VT2s are pushing 7-8 years old now, so u may be buying some elses problems. however u may get a lemon VX.

your choice

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
personal pref, the VX any day. but up to you really. Remember the VT2s are pushing 7-8 years old now, so u may be buying some elses problems. however u may get a lemon VX.

your choice

You can get a lemon anything though.

I'd say a VX, it looks muuuuuch better, weighs less, the S2 has the camber issue fixed, is newer. But more specifically for you, there are reasonably common reports of piston slap in the early gen3's (read - vt2)... I'd say VX just for peace of mind.