Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] decision to make...to cam or to sc

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
the bigger the primarys the better with my old charged ls1 i had 1 7/8 primarys 4 into 1 pacemakers 3 1/2 outlets . twin 3" with 5" steel cats more flow the better

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Ls1s sound crap with a cam??? YOU sure you on the right forums.This isnt skylines aust

Have you owned a cammed LS1? Sounds great at WOT, but the other 95% of the time I didn't like it. As a result I won't be camming my current car.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
The WOT exhaust pulsing with a blown car is pure sex. You'll never get that with a cam-only or turbo setup.

1:03 in that video. Enough said.

LOl nice to see theyre all law abiding citizens. If that guy in the ute lost he could have killed the people in the car coming in the opposite direction

Last edited by a moderator:

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah? that's great!!! I'll use that one next time the police pull me over for doing skids

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah seriously.
Stop watching ACA. It wasn't in peak hour traffic in the middle of town, so who the fug cares?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
the bigger the primarys the better with my old charged ls1 i had 1 7/8 primarys 4 into 1 pacemakers 3 1/2 outlets . twin 3" with 5" steel cats more flow the better

i would imagine you can still go too big, right? you still need exhaust gas velocity to aid cylinder filling or doesnt it matter at all once you have a charger on there?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah seriously.
Stop watching ACA. It wasn't in peak hour traffic in the middle of town, so who the fug cares?
Great post!! about as good as the one earlier in thread When you told the OP a eaton blower was a centrifugal supercharger

Seriously i made a comment on a video and now your getting your knickers in a knot about it seems like your the one who cares.

Anyways on topic i think a camshaft is money better spent. In the long run its going to be and easier on your whole driveline.

i would imagine you can still go too big, right? you still need exhaust gas velocity to aid cylinder filling or doesnt it matter at all once you have a charger on there?

With a V2 charger top end power is where its at bigger primariers are going to work better with it

macca33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Senator 300
FWIW, with a budget of under $10k, I'd be opting for a head / cam combination and all the supporting mods. To do FI properly, you will need more than $10k.

cheers