Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

deep dish rims

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
hey guys im looking to put new rims on the VE series 1.. gonna slam it with peddars sports ryders soon and i want to get some rims for it . im in to the deep dish rims and was wondering what is the max size i can go with wheels.. i think i can put 8.5 in the front and 10 at the back ? is 20 inch pushing it ? does anyone have pics with deep dish rims on ? thanks

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U can't whack on deep dish rims under these cars, unless u shorten the rear. u can only get wide rims but forget deep dish.

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
so only phat rims can b put onto our models ? whats the max size can it go ? someone told me like err . .275 / 40 / 20 or something ? i cant remember exactly

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
theres plenty of bbs lm reps on ebay, but do it right, save up the cash and get a set made to your requirements, measure up the car, and work out what size and offset you can go, then drop the cash

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
so only phat rims can b put onto our models ? whats the max size can it go ? someone told me like err . .275 / 40 / 20 or something ? i cant remember exactly

/35/20
/40/19
/45/18

You get the idea.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Theres a guy near me has an 06 SS-V. He has rims on that have about 2.5 - 3" dish on the rear, it looks absolutely fantastic. I'd probably do some more shopping around before
settling on those BBS, they look a bit 80's for me but each their own. Regardless what you go with, shop around is the important thing and ebay doesn't necessarily mean
bargain by any stretch.

phatass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
yeah i like them .. but what i might do is just buy a set up HP mesh rims and powder coat them gold and keep the machined lip.

products

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
My rears are also dished the sizes up front are 245/35/20 and the rears 275/30/20. that is the same fitment as the HSV's running the gts wheels. I got my wheels through SSW.