Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I resent my email to Greg and got a response. Currently the pan sits at $72.95 and delivery $91.25 which equates to around $205aud.

Can anyone give me the part numbers for the B & M (70391) deep transmission pan - gasket,filter and filter extension kit. The pan can be had for around $315aud but I can't seem to find the other items required for a fair financial comparison to Gregs offering.

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I didn't know you could get the filter locally. If you know the ACDELCO or GM parts number for the filter you could try amazon.com for a better deal but be wary of the shipping. If they won't send to Australia direct you can use a mail forwarding address through numerous companies but you'll be paying close to or in excess of what Greg quoted. In the end I just went through Greg at Pace. Couldn't be happier.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I resent my email to Greg and got a response. Currently the pan sits at $72.95 and delivery $91.25 which equates to around $205aud.

Can anyone give me the part numbers for the B & M (70391) deep transmission pan - gasket,filter and filter extension kit. The pan can be had for around $315aud but I can't seem to find the other items required for a far financial comparison to Gregs offering.

I've PM'd you, I've got one that I haven't yet fitted to my car and really can't be bothered to either. If you want it it's yours.

SMWALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice PPV 6.0
Hope someone can answer this for me: When checking the level of the trans fluid by pulling the plug should the car be level (meaning horizontal as in plumb, not sure how you guys in AU call that) up on jack stands? Would having the rear tires on the ground and the front jacked up effect the level readings?

Cant wrap my head around this, thanks.

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Put both the front and back up on jack stands so the car is level or plumb.
Only having the front in the air affects the level at the inspection hole as it is at the back of the transmission pan.

...or add a transmission dipstick.

SMWALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice PPV 6.0
Put both the front and back up on jack stands so the car is level or plumb.
Only having the front in the air affects the level at the inspection hole as it is at the back of the transmission pan.

...or add a transmission dipstick.

OK thanks Nick. I will get as close to level as I can.

Can this be done, adding a dipstick? I really do not want the dipstick as much as I would like a tube for easier filling of the trans. Did not even know there was an option on this? Please any info if you have it.

Thanks Again!
Steve

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Have a look at this article.
Trans Dipstick install - Lokar 36" 6l80e - LS1TECH

Installed one myself on the weekend.

This is the one I bought as it was the only on which would deliver to Australia. You have a variety if you're in the USA. Just make sure it is 36 inch, although I see they now have a 48 inch one (probably too long for this application).
Amazon.com: Lokar XTD-36L80FM36 Transmission Dipstick: Automotive

It was a bit of pain in the arse (or is that ass) and I spent some time getting it right. The connector that goes into the transmission has a lip and it takes me 5-6 goes to get the tip into the transmission. Originally I thought it was the last bend being too tight and wasted a lot of time mucking with the line. Make sure it is downward all the way, otherwise you get a pool of fluid in the line and a false reading.

I mounted it next to the dipstick and was tempted to paint the top yellow, but that soon passed.

Best of all I can now fill the transmission from under the bonnet (or is that hood).

Cheers, Nick

Last edited:

SMWALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice PPV 6.0
Ah OK did not even think of going to the hot rods parts bin! Would prefer something factory but I guess we cannot have everytihing we want! And thanks for the translations! :clap:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nick any good on a MY12 SV6

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
From what I read the SV6 uses a 6L50e transmission.
I am unsure of the similarities or differences between the 6L50e & 6L80e (the one it is designed for).
If they use the same pan and fill points, one would assume it would work.