Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defacing the allmighty holden symbol

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
ok sorry no pics as i was driving but newayz this is what happened. i was on my way home driving thru town {ipswich} and on my way past the local autobarn i see this light blue ricer 180sx i think it was. but as i got closer i noticed a holden badge on the back. and sure enough one on the front too. i mean how daft can ya get lol. neway i thought i'd get the word out and if neone sees it try and grab a pic to show.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
maybe they got a holden v6 or v8 in it?
either that or there blind or wannabe holden drivers

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
There is a mob in the US which makes conversion kits which mean you can drop straight in (and with no body or chassis mods) a Gen-III into an R34 Skyline...there are a couple of them in Australia right now with this setup.

Having recently ridden in an R34, and been quite impressed with it as a package (but not with the eventual repair costs of the super complicated engine...), I would be tempted to pick up an import which has a dead motor and box (or no motor and box), thus saving a huge amount on the price of the vehicle, and sourcing a Gen III from either an engine rebuild place or a wreckers...you'd certainly have a "different" car...tons of go, and the fine chassis dynamics of the R34...as well as being something totally unexpected by the rest of the doof-doof and blow-off-valve brigade...and if you wanted to play games, you could always stick on a free-flowing but well designed and muffled exhaust system to hide the noise, and stick a couple of discrete Holden badges on...that would have people wondering... :w00t: :yeah:

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
dont get angry, get even

4BND_VR .... dont get angry, get even .... put a ricer badge on your commy ....:p

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
4BND_VR .... dont get angry, get even .... put a ricer badge on your commy ....:p

lol nah man not angry. just doesnt seem right. actually i asked the guy at autobarn if he knew about it. apparantly he did it as an experiment and decided to take em off so ppl would stop givin it dirty looks. lol alls wel that ends well.