Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defected

D

dumpd6

Hey dude if I were you I wouldn’t give up straight away you will be surprised in that your car doesn’t have to be that Mickey mouse to get off those defects my car has been through regency (s.a people know what I mean) 4 times (2 defects ) and more then likely ill be seeing them a few more times its very unlikely you will get it off the first time .but here the first time you take it make sure all your lights ,indicators ,horn, demisters and stuff like that all the real main safety things. Then go over your whole car and fix what you think looks like fixing such as seat belt around $50 from Holden’s . New steering wheel (stock one from wreckers $20) the rust under the rear window unless it stands out like dogs balls they wont really look at it but if you wanna change it its $160 from rare spares, ride hight 345mm from centre of wheel to bottom of wheel arch also get a quiet muffler added in . And any thing that looks a little dodgy try an hide it. There main concern is safety of peoples life’s all I can say is fix the real obvious things hide the minor and you will be all right trust me unless your car is a real bucket of **** it wont take you any more then 2 times but more then likely the second time you take it there it will only be for a couple of faults they found the first time. Plus the second time you go there they will only check the things on the defect paper they wont look over the whole car

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dumpd6

i should have read the rest of the posts before i posted mine. but still for ant one else out there i think thats the best way

B

Big_Lebowski

So, when I take it back for the second time, do they only check the things they listed at regency? Or do they go over the whole car again. Because I'd hate to spend all that money fixing all the things on their list, and then have them pick up something else. Thus costing me another $67.50, and potentially much more in fiurther repairs...

I've heard I can but some sort of baffle into my exhuast to quiten it down. Does anyone have more info on this like how much it would cost?

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Well in all honesty for Commodore in that nick I wouldn't pay much more than 1G, and that would be mainly for the good condition interior you mentioned.

B

Big_Lebowski

OK. So a ballpark figure of $1000 sounds fair. Good. That's pretty much all I was hoping for...

B

Big_Lebowski

coastvl said:
I dont know about S.A but it's illegal to sell a car with defects on it, pretty sure thats right. I'd check first.

Nah, you can sell it. As long as you aren't trying to pass it off as "not defected". Ie. you make it clear the vehicle is defected.

I sold my dads car for him defected. People just use them for parts and stuff...

or if they're mechanically minded, they can fix them up then get them registered...

D

dumpd6

Big_Lebowski said:
So, when I take it back for the second time, do they only check the things they listed at regency? Or do they go over the whole car again. Because I'd hate to spend all that money fixing all the things on their list, and then have them pick up something else. Thus costing me another $67.50, and potentially much more in fiurther repairs...

I've heard I can but some sort of baffle into my exhuast to quiten it down. Does anyone have more info on this like how much it would cost?

yea dude they only check what is written on the second defect notice well im pretty sure thats what all of them do the guy that did mine only looked over what was on the defect paper

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
question?

Big girlie question here what colour is it? & what year?

im a-looking 4 a vl atm.

D

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
hmm i got defected for a sports steering wheel on the VK...it was even a holden genuine badged one...cops are peanuts...was only $20 to get it cleared at the cop shop

but i dont have any rust thats noticeable on the body or any leaks or anything, and the interior is clean
im in adelaide too