Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defects, out of control?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Dont most late model cars come without a spare wheel? just a puncher repair thingy in a can?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
thats not out of control... what is out of control is this;

major defect for me $305 for;

Factory fitted extractors
putting it on the defect notice even tho it is not a deflectable item, EVEN THO THEY ARE FACTORY - and not allowing me to drive the car

Dry oil around the tappet gasket
not defectable unless it drips on the road AFAIK.
they leaked from fkn factory

play in drivers seat
well no ****, they were like that from factory, the recline runs off a fkn gear its not gonna be tight unless you weld the gears together? derrrr

the 2 other things on the list; that i will take full responsibility for;
front window tint too dark.
loose battery tray, -was loose because brand new battery i only had a spanner to tighten it and couldn't get a good grip (not using it as an excuse tho)

and the only reason i got these defects? they claimed they 'had to go 70k TO CATCH UP TO ME'
and i was not speeding and they could not produce proof.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
what happens when you get 2 flats at once? same thing id do as when i got one flat without a spare, call racv. i pay them for it!!

exactly… It was utter junk some young recruit thought he knew it all already

vrollin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Don't drive a defectable car = nothing to worry about.

Don't do something to attract Police attention = nothing to worry about.

Because personally, I think this...

...is just a little bit of BS!

Woah there, he was doing.....NFNSUS.... ;)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
spare tyre is NOT defectable in Qld, whether it has tread or not. Doesn't matter what happens if you get a flat as far as legislation goes. You can quote the AIS Code of Practice - 'the spare wheel is not included in a safety check'/

As for the CAI, I can't see why you should have to remove and wear a point if there is no justification for the defect. If it were me, I'd be *respectfully* writing a letter asking what section of legislation the CAI contravenes and then go from there. No harm in asking, if it's done the right way.

Wish I kept the ticket to prove you wrong.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I've been fortunate enough not to get defected I was pulled up for a rbt and was warned that my blue parking lights were illegal so I drove home next morning stuck the originals in and a couple of weeks later I was pulled up for having bald tyres both times they asked where I was going and truthfully admitted I was going home so they didn't book me also everytime I've been pulled I've never had a problem I've always been polite and nice also same with the Rta when I was driving a truck I had defectable problems but I followed instruction never argued and always got off with a warning instead of a defect

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Wish I kept the ticket to prove you wrong.

prove me wrong about what ?
believe me, simply because you received a ticket for something, doesn't prove anything.
tickets and defects get pulled all the time for being incorrect. Defects are derived (in Qld) from the the Vehicle Standards & Safety regulation. AIS Code of Practice is referred to in the regulation, so if the AIS COP states it isn't a safety issue, then it isn't. And if a defect is issued for something that isn't a defect, if challenged will usually end up withdrawn.

Legislation (as quoted) can be your worst enemy but other times it can be your best friend....

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
well im stuffed... pod filter showing ,bald spare tyre...out of line steering wheel no roof lining, no engine cover, reversed heater/radiator hoses ,loose battery ,car sits at 102mm without me in it ,no hand brake cover , car handles and rides like a dream... i have my window down i dont need aircon.... steering wheel well IVE ADJUSTED TO ITS LEAN. pod filter showing , my car never had a box when i got it and i still havent replaced it...hand brake is for stationary park not drufting , roof lining is in the process of been 3D'd

plus the car is 4 diff colours...and has stockies on the back cause of these mega pot holes that busted my passenger tyres