Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Demise of the Forum?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I dont tend to talk politics with polite company :) but what gets me is vic put a revhead into parliament and has anything changed....nope...if anything, looking from the outside its worse.... His chances of reelection is prob the same as getting a mini moke with a blown 454 a pass over the pits :)

Hes in Federal Parliament, so even if he wasnt useless, anything relating to road safety or how its policied is handled at a State level.

R

Risky

I dont tend to talk politics with polite company :) but what gets me is vic put a revhead into parliament and has anything changed....nope...if anything, looking from the outside its worse.... His chances of reelection is prob the same as getting a mini moke with a blown 454 a pass over the pits :)

Politicians these days are more interested in being celebrities. You may as well put the Kardashians in charge & put Bieber in opposition.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Car culture is whole lot different to way it was 10-15yrs ago..then again so was the lifestyle,the laws.

Ironically there was a stigma of driving old modified was frowned badly upon,now it's either jaws drop or completely ignored driving chrome bumper oldies.

Have noticed a lot of mates got pussywhipped sold off all the toys for the wife & kids then regret it completely when find out still got car from 20 yrs ago & remember all the fun we had.

As older bloke now dont mind talking house reno's etc BUT you dont have to give up everything & change for marriage/kids forgetting who you were...

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hes in Federal Parliament, so even if he wasnt useless, anything relating to road safety or how its policied is handled at a State level.

yeah but... the states all go to the feds and ask for more please sir .....Im not asking for much how about unified road rules and mod legislation as a starter

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Car culture is whole lot different to way it was 10-15yrs ago..then again so was the lifestyle,the laws.

Ironically there was a stigma of driving old modified was frowned badly upon,now it's either jaws drop or completely ignored driving chrome bumper oldies.

Have noticed a lot of mates got pussywhipped sold off all the toys for the wife & kids then regret it completely when find out still got car from 20 yrs ago & remember all the fun we had.

As older bloke now dont mind talking house reno's etc BUT you dont have to give up everything & change for marriage/kids forgetting who you were...

If you have a practical classic/modified car you can use it as a family car. When I've modded vehicles in the past I ensured day-to-day practicality was not at all affected.

An issue is that of all the lifestyle shows on free-to-air TV there is nothing focused on cars. Maybe if we had the block/crappychef/mykitchensux format applied to a car restoration or modifying project, there could be greater traction in it.

But, at the end of the day, on percentage basis women control most of a household's expenditure, and due to the roles we as society assign genders, women are generally not interested in cars (though they buy most of them...)

R

Risky

An issue is that of all the lifestyle shows on free-to-air TV there is nothing focused on cars. Maybe if we had the block/crappychef/mykitchensux format applied to a car restoration or modifying project, there could be greater traction in it.

Well most of the car programs are on FoxTel. I don't think TV execs here realise that there is an audience for car shows except for V8 Supercars but even that's gone to FoxTel.

In saying that there's no car shows for the girls, Jessi Combs & Cristy Lee can lean over the bonnet of my ute any day & at least they're qualified.

There are a lot of blokes out there that don't give a crap about their cars & what they drive. Anything built by Great Wall, Chery are bought by those who want a cheap nasty don't give a damn vehicle. I remember years ago a mate of mines girlfriend used to get cheesed off at him for being in the backyard doing stuff on cars. I turned to her & said, would you rather have him out at the pub chasing girls or girls chasing him, or here at home on the cars. She said, good point.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
yeah but... the states all go to the feds and ask for more please sir .....Im not asking for much how about unified road rules and mod legislation as a starter

This has been the way for years (or should I say decades).....There was talk about it being unified, but in typical politcal fashion, it was only talked about and left there.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If you have a practical classic/modified car you can use it as a family car. When I've modded vehicles in the past I ensured day-to-day practicality was not at all affected.

You don't watch to much TV obviously. There's a yank show called counting cars....There also an aussie show called rev heads.....focuses on car restoration technics and modifications that can be done... that's from old school panel beating technics to performance modifications that can be done.

There's also a show done by Fletch....He travels the country side, attending car shows, quizzing owners bout there rides.