Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Demister wont turn off

utekid2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
yeah ive sucked throu one way valve it works suck dnt blow back thro. all the rest of hose seems in tacked how do i test if it leaking(squirt with windex, water)
when i change the postions in car it sounds like the sucking vac noise is coming from inside behind dials but i cud just be hearing things?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It is normal to hear a hiss when changing vent positions.

utekid2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
ok i took dash apart and found the little silcone plug which all the vac lines run to. the main vac line from intake(black) the plug side was damaged so instead of vacing thro system it was sorta bridging to the line next to it, hence there was no vac in the system to open different flap doors. thanks for all ya help accentstencil without ur help i still be lookin under the bonnet n still thinking of how to rip dash apart.
i have ordered the part its called the VAC HARNESS part no 92140716. $32 odd dollars for the whole lot of vac lines( 5 ) now ive gota find where they all go.
this mite help someone in the future

etch289

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL gold 5 Speed manual RB30 1 Owner since NEW
Vr dash demister switch light stays on

VR DASH DEMISTER SWITCH LIGHT STAYS ON
the switch itself seems to work ok

when u press it in & out it it does as it should
but the orange light stays on

any ideas out there as to wat maybe happening wrong?
thanx

stevoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
s2 vt ss
this thread is probably one of the best so far. had the same problem although with climate control, found even with the ac on it would only blow fresh air, demist and heater on at the same time, so i started reading through the gregory's manual i had and after 2 hours found out that is what happens when you dont get a vacuum supply to the system, so i started checking starting at the rear of the manifold in the engine and disconnecting the vac line, checking to make sure it wasnt blocked then the little valve i pulled it off and blew through it to make sure it would only go into the engine way and not the other(failing that its a $16 part from holden) then disconnected at the vacuum canistor under the passenger side foot well, with 2 black vac lines going into the side of it(pulled each off 1 by 1 to make sure it was actually getting the vac signal), then played with the solenoid control box, after all that it seems to have dislodged or fixed the issue so happy me :)

gigdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon 1999
hi just popped in to say thanks that hose was my problem and it only started to day so I am glad I got on to it strait away and thanks for your help nice pick up