Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Demister?

vsmanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Manual Sedan
hi everyone was wondering if its possible to fix the rear window demister as only like two of the bars work?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
None of my bars work at all and I've changed the switch. I've been told I have to replace the entire rear windscreen. Don't know if it's worth it.

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
have you recently had it tinted? sometimes when they cut the film they cut the bars by accident if so they should fix it. If not then bar what raging bull has tried you will prob need to replace winscreen however check all along the lines with an ammeter to make sure it aint something else

R

rimz81

you can buy a demister repair kit from autobarn-repco-bursons :D

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
rimz81 said:
you can buy a demister repair kit from autobarn-repco-bursons :D

Interesting, how exactly does this kit work?

R

rattattack1313

It is a metallic based glue....has metal in the glue stuff itself...you tape up where you DON"T want it to go...then carefully paint it on........joining up over the broken wires....almost as easy to just get a new set though........old one just scrapes off like a sticker.......not sure of price.....

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
You can buy a little bottle of conductive paint, but you'll need a series light or multi meter to find out where it's broken, then paint it on to join the wires.