Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dent Removal - Ute (on tub)

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Hope it works out. post some pics when done.

Now go and remove the bed head or cover it bubble wrap as it's obvious you can't be trusted :rofl2:

lol, out of all the cars ive owned ive only ever scratched or dented the new one, always the way!

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
theres a couple of screws that run along the edge along the bottom where the tailgate closes as well, nothing major but youll need a torx key to remove the tie downs. im one of the blokes tinny was refering to with the drain extensions, you should look at doing the same while you have the liner out. 2x21 mm x1mt of rubber hose and 2 clamps is all you need, there is a rubber grommit in front of the rear wheel arch that you simply splice and poke the hose thru..easy. while your at it take a look down in the sills in front of the rear wheel arch or where the ss badge is located on the exterior for ss's. there will be a 99% chance it will be filled with ****,crap and corruption. ive done that hose job on 3 utes including mine and every one of them were full of mud and crap. you literally have to scoop it out with your hands/fingers because its so confined there but dont ignore it because its definately a not so distant future rust spot. ive taken photos etc.. and fired off a letter to holden but have got the usuall deaf ears treatment. oh and i hope you get the ding drama sorted to mate.

Thanks for the advise. I'll be doing this soon also as I have a couple of small dents on my tub.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Thanks for the advise. I'll be doing this soon also as I have a couple of small dents on my tub.

no worries mate. i'm at a bit of a loss as to how the mud is getting in there though, couple of theories; run off from those dodgy holden drain stems drains under the liner and its finding its way there draging all the crud down there with it.. the other is somehow its getting in thru the rear wheel arches, i poured some water down there and it took ages to work its way out, thats why we are stumped over it.dont worry you'll soon see what i mean, just be sure to thread the new hose over those factory hoses plenty and clamp them, when i say 1 mt thats what youll approx need each side in Lth give or take a bit of trimming back and with the grommit thats in the wheel arch, its a just a blank so you can put a slit in it and poke them thru it about an inch or two, any further and they will hit the wheel arch inner. let us know what state yours are in. you might be lucky??

Last edited:

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
All dents have been fixed,, can highly recommend "The Dent Man" if anyone is in Sydney - 0419 019 843 - Welcome To The Dent Man - Has a workshop in Castle Hill and also mobile. Even turned up in a VE SS :spot on: Knows hes stuff and had about 4 dents out in about 1.5hr, even a small one on a sharp body line. Also very reasonably priced compared to others i have used!

Dscn2604.jpgDSCN2607.JPG

Gazza90

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VE UTE, EVO X
Hi, all just joined would someone have those pics for the DIY drain holes PLZ.

Hi, all just joined would someone have those pics for the DIY drain holes I thought i saw pics some where but can not track them down now??? any one help
Many Thanks gazza90 :hmmm:

theres a couple of screws that run along the edge along the bottom where the tailgate closes as well, nothing major but youll need a torx key to remove the tie downs. im one of the blokes tinny was refering to with the drain extensions, you should look at doing the same while you have the liner out. 2x21 mm x1mt of rubber hose and 2 clamps is all you need, there is a rubber grommit in front of the rear wheel arch that you simply splice and poke the hose thru..easy. while your at it take a look down in the sills in front of the rear wheel arch or where the ss badge is located on the exterior for ss's. there will be a 99% chance it will be filled with ****,crap and corruption. ive done that hose job on 3 utes including mine and every one of them were full of mud and crap. you literally have to scoop it out with your hands/fingers because its so confined there but dont ignore it because its definately a not so distant future rust spot. ive taken photos etc.. and fired off a letter to holden but have got the usuall deaf ears treatment. oh and i hope you get the ding drama sorted to mate.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Lol....no schmakos for the dog that day.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Im hoping someone here can help with a dent removal question on the tub of a Ute,

Im absolutely gutted at the moment i have the ute parked in my garage and yesterday a bed head that im waiting for someone to pickup that i sold on ebay fell over and dented the drivers side A Pillar, paintless dent removal guys said they cant do it cause there is no access behind and i was cursing thinking the whole side of the car will need to be resprayed cause there are no body lines to spray up to on the pillar. So i took it to my trusty smash repairer and he said cause the A Pillar is so small they could just repair that section and blend it in and you wont notice. So i thought sweet it wont cost that much after all.

Till this afternoon i went to take the dog for a walk and he knocked this f^&%$^^ bed head thats already costing me $300 for one dent repair and it hits the side of the ute and puts another dent in it!! :bang:

This time i dont think im as lucky as its on the tub of the ute but at the top near the hardtop cover and i went to the trouble of taking the wheel off and pulling the plastic inner gaurd out but there is no access under it, and i dont think pulling the plastic ute liner out will work because im guessing there is no access from there either plus it looks like an all day affair removing the hardtop and plastic liner just to see if theres access?

Any suggestions? I dont think repairing this section and blending the paint in is an option cause its in a noticaeble spot and the last thing i want to do is respray the side of the ute because i have not come across one spray job ever that hasnt had matching orange peel or any defects and the car just wont be the same. :(

The only option i can think off is paintless dent removal where they glue a bar to it and pull it out and then rub it back in but ive heard that method runs the risk of cracking the paint.

View attachment 126014

Mate.
i would have tossed that bedhead out the first time, I actually would have used it for firewood, then tell the buyer, sorry, it was damaged.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0