Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

deposit paid ! hope its a nice journey !

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
:rockon::rockon: well, we went out today to get some groceries and bought a 2010 6sp SS :rofl2:....

we had been arguing (yeah, literally ! ) over whether i sell my old falcon and my bike and buy a vt ss i had seen locally or whether my wife should salary sacrifice and get a new car ! :boxing: so...........bike and falcon are going and cash put into savings and new 2010 SS manual in black on order ! :beer chug:

its all pending govt deal crap and finance stuff but apparantly its a formality......

we went5 into the ford place to look at the 50th anniversary xr6t and it was a nice car indeed ! but the interior looked too cheap and we both preferred the plain look of the commodore. i drove the auto today and loved it apart from the bloody gearbox kicked down 2 gears when i wanted only down one gear.. and that annoyed me and also, being a brit, we are used to manual box driving so what we ordered is this......2010, SS manual in phantom black with leather. should be ready in 2-3 weeks apparently ! CANT WAIT ! :smoking:

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Good on ya. Your not going to be dissapointed

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Congrats, you won't regret it :)

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Agreed. You will love that car.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
trawling the site and others in whether the manual is the way to go or not ! mate has an auto and pm'd me on another site about a tuned gearbox (300) which changes the whole thing... here's the text.. so let me knwo what you auto and manual ownerrs think as i can still change !

Mine has an 'OZTRAK' tune in the box, I had a full oil flush and a tune for $300.

I can now adjust full auto, sport and manual shift points in the 'engineering' section of my dash controller.

Was it a new car you drove?

If it was it probably hadn't developed any maps yet. Most demos need about 1500km before the box fine tunes its maps.

Unless your missus has legs like Jay Marmont (my apologies if she does) she'll hate the M6 in traffic.

The auto is also at least 2L/100km better on fuel with the AFM. I can't see the point of a manual when you have 550+Nm on tap, that's just me though.

At the strip the auto is much quicker, mine ran a 13.488 last week. (OTR, mafless, Bi-modal open)

It's a great car Rabs, nothing has fallen off and it's awesome on trips and towing.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
:rockon::rockon: well, we went out today to get some groceries and bought a 2010 6sp SS :rofl2:....

we had been arguing (yeah, literally ! ) over whether i sell my old falcon and my bike and buy a vt ss i had seen locally or whether my wife should salary sacrifice and get a new car ! :boxing: so...........bike and falcon are going and cash put into savings and new 2010 SS manual in black on order ! :beer chug:

its all pending govt deal crap and finance stuff but apparantly its a formality......

we went5 into the ford place to look at the 50th anniversary xr6t and it was a nice car indeed ! but the interior looked too cheap and we both preferred the plain look of the commodore. i drove the auto today and loved it apart from the bloody gearbox kicked down 2 gears when i wanted only down one gear.. and that annoyed me and also, being a brit, we are used to manual box driving so what we ordered is this......2010, SS manual in phantom black with leather. should be ready in 2-3 weeks apparently ! CANT WAIT ! :smoking:
Nice buy.Id have to disagree with the interior comment though,the Falcon is way ahead imo.
How did you find the vision in the VE compared to the FG?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Mate I'd stick with the manual. And this is coming from someone who has had problems with the gearbox. I just don't find an automatic car enjoyable to drive, which is a huge factor to me. Having a manual car with a tonne of torque just makes it more fun! And if most of your driving is in the city, then AFM doesn't really make much difference. The clutch isn't an issue at all in traffic - it's light enough so as not to wear out your left leg but still has plenty of feel and isn't so light that it feels weak, like Peugeot clutches. I'll be honest, it isn't the most refined 6 speed you'll ever drive but it goes in gear exactly when you want. The VE box can have a pretty nasty delay when in 'manual mode'. You can tune a lot of the bad bits out of the auto boxes but no amount of tuning will make them a 'fun' gearbox. They're certainly no DSG. Keep with the stick, mate. Plus, if you modify the exhaust, the manual will sound a heap better, with that meaty crackle on the overrun!

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
manual it is !
wife does 50k run from caloundra to work 3 days a week , the rest is play time for me ! should be fun ! we'll know tomorrow if its a goer or not !!! (remserv costs ! )....

hey karlos, the ford was a really nice car but we both thought the 6 airbags and the look of the VE had the falcon licked on every aspect ! i prefer a plain but functional dash /consol rather than that shiny glossy centre panel on the ford but each to their own mate ! this is my first holden ! we have had 4 falcons in recent years ! all older ! ef/el/ef wagon and an XG ute which i loved !!! the new xr6t is an awsome piece of kit but i reckon its getting dated now...the commy still looks mean !

i didnt mind the pillars neither, safety first(6 airbags opposed to 2 in the ford) with the kids and wife and i like the car the way it is !

seasmi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Congrats, you'll love it ! I'm also fond of the interior of the VE and you'll find there's not only plenty of room for the kids but adults also in the rear. Not that it would bother most people but the towing capacity of the manual is 1600 kg and the auto 2100. At least thats better than 1200 kg for the xr6t manual. It'll take 5-10000 ks to loosen up but you'll certainly notice a sweet difference between it and the old ford.

Having read that the audio system wasn't great I was pleasantly surprised also to find it much better than expected. After making some adjustments in the setup I find it more than adequate for my needs.

Happy motoring.