Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design JC a new banner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Was actually thinking about a theme change, we could always work on that at the same time, then again I've always liked the 'standard' theme as it involves much less work when upgrading.

With regards to copyright, HSV didn't have any problems using pics from there, this was obtained when I first started the site.

Holden well I'll just say sorry it's not something we can answer send it through to Corporate Affairs, have sent through 2 or 3 letters requesting information / assistance etc and they have gone without a reply.

Perhaps corporate affairs is the way of fobbing someone off?

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
I think regarding a theme change, 1 step at a time. All I would consider at the moment would be to change the colours to a more monochromatic scheme, but people might find this a tad boring, I certainly would'nt try and pretty it up to much as it will only increase loading times for people on slower connections.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
What about a few different skins, then we the members can choose what one we prefer?

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
aight i got bored so heres a quik attempt of a banner... trying to go for a modern feel i duno just did wat ever came to mind :D

i can still edit it if needed as i stil have in psd form... and i realise once i finished that we wud need a background bar pic to keep a flow of background for users with dif size screens but meh i can do latr if needed...

jcbannernateglsb1.jpg

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
ok some veryyyy rough ideas for tha new concept (facing cars) but i have abit of catching up to do on krazyboris, havnt had a chance 2 submit a concept yet, so heres 1 and feedback plzzz so i can work up some better ones
ps: theres still alot of work to do in these ones in regards to colours, fitting graphics and type so on.......

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I like it man. Loving the HDT VB.

Not a fan of the background tho, could you do some with different patterns? 'less is more'

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
wat sort of background would u like to c, as jus using gradients n that is fairly boring, and i cant really add another image for tha factor of tha diff screen resolutions and stretching, i think i need to drop tha pattern from tha holden logo, but i dont mind tha ones on tha cars, mayb jus not as intense...? any suggestions

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
@nate - Not bad mate, but I think they want the old & new concept now, and when you reduce the colour count to shrink file size, it may look a bit grainy.

@t-roy - hmmm... that looks familiar ;) I'd steer clear of the red glow, but other than that, it's a nice bold scheme.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
krazyboris, yes i know they are similar concepts, though plz dont think i am ripping u off, when i first read this thread my initial thought was to do somthing like this, but bcause of tha car of tha month i didnt, and i also tried playing around with angled car images and that, but as ive already said, without good photography, its merr impossible to get two images tha same angle quality and so forth, it jus looks sh*t using 2 totally diff angle n quality pics, so theres not that much else that can b done with tha constraints given

and the red glow was jus to help blend tha images with tha flat black bg, but yes i need to do alot of work on them, but iv jus got a ****load of hw this week, but thought i beta get a quickie in so ppl dont forget im in this 2

Status
Not open for further replies.