Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dfi Module, Ignition Coils

Gav95VS

Reaction score
hey guys,

i am having an intermitant problem with my v6 series 1 VS.
while driving the car starts running real rough especially under load then once it has been stopped for a while it will run fine again. the car will run fine for a week then stuff up (alwys when i need to get somewhere important ) then it will run fine again etc. i have had the NRMA look at it a couple of times and have even left it with holden for a day the problem is being an intermitant fault every time i have someone look at it it runs fine.
i have replaced plugs, leads, crank angle sensor. holden also checked all these and the fuel pressure etc said it was all fine.

i had the same problem yesterday but this time it was still running a bit rough when the NRMA got there. he said he thought it would be the DFI Module but he didn't do anything to test it i think he came up with the conclusion because i told him that i had replaced pretty much the everything else. i also thought it was a bit convenient that he just happend to have one in his truck that i could buy for $320 . i didnt have the cash on me so i couldnt get it anyway.

is there a way to test the DFI module and coils if so how do i go about it or is it something that i would have to take to an Auto Elec to test

i just dont want to go out spending unnecesary money that could be going towards performance mods

thanks

Gavin

N

natsvr

Hey Gav just wondering is the engine light coming on at all?? I am having the same kinda problem but the light comes on.Will be going to the shop tomorrow so should know then.

Gav95VS

Reaction score
No the engine light dosent come on and no error codes thats the problem im having. i have left it with Holden for a day but they couldn't find anything wrong it ran perfect the whole time they had it they said they checked for all the common problems but didn't find anything, 2 days later it started playing up again

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
No test in factory book for DFI module but coils should read 5000 to 7000 ohms resistance across where the leads plug on and .3 to 1.5 ohms across terminals underneath on coil where it plugs into the dfi module but you have to take them out to check this.
Check where the wires plug into the module for a dodgy connection... from memory you undo a hex head small screw and pull the long plug out of the module .