Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did I damage my spark plug leads?

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Just changed the spark plugs and leads on the leads on my VE SS L77.

Everything went pretty smoothly. Except when I pushed the spark plug lead into the ignition coil, I feel I may have done it too hard, as I heard a click for every lead (not sure if hearing a click is normal).

Anyway, when I started up the engine, it idled the slightest bit roughl when I put it in drive so I thought I'd take the leads and put them back in. Once I placed them back into the ignition coil side, they now slide about 3qtrs off. They sits about 1cm in, which seems like they could fall off after a speed bump.

In conclusion, after putting them back in and now having them only about 1cm deep into the ignition coil, the car idles fine in both neutral and drive. Should I be worried they may fall out as they're damaged? Can pushing them in too far cause damage?

Thanks

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If your car is running fine and not missing I wouldn’t worry if you’ve damaged any of them it would show up in the form of a miss... I had a miss in my VE SS one time accompanied with a ticking noise I was freaking out thinking the worst turned out it was just a lead had come off one of the plugs just had to put it back on again lol

Mp64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Ok awesome. So I'll definitely know if one falls out haha

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
You may need to burp them... They can seal well.