Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIFF change over?

SLVR SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2004 190kw
Hi,
Just bought a VX LSD 3.46 Diff and want to change it over myself from my stock VZ SV6 2.86? diff (if thats the ratio it came out with)
Just wondering what it take to change it over.
Its just the centre peice (Gears inside + housing.) if anyone could give me some pointers as to how to do this, that would be great.
Cheers.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
, yep reasonably easy , however there are 2 top bolts hard to get at , you have to drop the entire rear suspension cradle down enough to get a spanner on them , they are bloody tight , you will need a breaker bar. your current diff will be a 3.07, but check the sticker on the drivers side of your diff , you might already have a 3,46 in it , but it may not be a LSD.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
, yep reasonably easy , however there are 2 top bolts hard to get at , you have to drop the entire rear suspension cradle down enough to get a spanner on them , they are bloody tight , you will need a breaker bar. your current diff will be a 3.07, but check the sticker on the drivers side of your diff , you might already have a 3,46 in it , but it may not be a LSD.
There are 4 bolts on the top. 17mm

And if you undo the rear mount, you will have enough room. Unbolting the swaybar makes it even easier.

EDIT: The rear axles are an 8mm Allen Key

SLVR SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2004 190kw
cheers for all your help guys, i'm thinking about doing it this sunday, so i obvously need to jack the car up (don't have a proper 4 poster or antything) so then i chcok the wheels and then i put in nutral and then take hand break off so the diff will drop and then after that i'll undo those 4 bolts on the top of the diff and then what? haha i wanna give it a good crack, i do need to put oil in it so i'll be doing that, but what about where the axels meet? do i need to undo them some how? cheers.
EDIT: i just read the 8mm allen key haha, how many screws are there?? and is that all that i need to undo?
cheers.