Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff clunk

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Ok, mine clunks between gear changes.
Yours may well be a worn bush, check the one dehind the diff as these can become very sloppy and even chop right out.
If the car has over a 100k.klms then might be worth replacing all the ones you showed earlier and also check the diff shaft doughnuts as these can break.

If you decide you want to go urethane for the cradle bushes I still have the ones I pulled off mine in excellent condition.
Although unless you are after absolute control of rear end with no regards to ride quality then I would go new rubber ones.
If the rear bush is in good condition then by all means fit the urethane insert as this one doesn't seem to have a detrimental affect on ride quality.

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
So for comfort go urethane ? And for control of the rear go rubber ?

SSFUNKEL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX 202, VR BT1, VZ SS 6.0 GEN IV
It doesn't really do it when I'm moving it's only when I take off from lighs sometimes reckon just going rubber bushes etc

Mine's the same, but only when I take off quick or put it under load, I think it may be the LSD Kickin in n getting sloppy. Did you end up finding what it was?

chaoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy crewman supercharged 6
Mine does it when I take off and change gears it’s driving me crazy iv only got the single spinner thinking of changing the diff to an lsd or putting a mini spool in her. Thoughts?

chaoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy crewman supercharged 6
Mine does it when I take off and change gears it’s driving me crazy iv only got the single spinner thinking of changing the diff to an lsd or putting a mini spool in her. Thoughts?
I also have a stupid button clutch in her bloke before me did the change stupid thing to do I say

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The OP hasn't been on here since 2013...So it'd be interesting if they reply