Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gears

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
250rwkw has been done a couple of times, supercharged and recently single turbo, i was talking about the so called whopping 395 FWKW, which i assume would be about 320rwkw..

Im not a fan of the Twin turbo setup how ever, pipes going every where. And what do they mean by custom Turbo Manifolds? are these the exhaust manifolds?

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Capa do offer a system, supercharged intercooled running at 14PSI, which they guarantee will deliver 440KW or 440rwhp from a 175 alloytec
Although they do recommend upgraded internals for this kit...so there's another few G

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
They'd be strip weapons Impulsive; the people who own them would not be driving them on the street.
After the 12K cost of this CAPA kit, and the costs of upgraded trans, internals, exhaust etc...the age old argument (which i firmly believe in now...yes i've been converted...) is why spend all this money on a V6 when a V8 can get the same power for a 1/4 of the price?
And also, lol the people who own these cars would not be spending their time on an internet forum...they'd be out working their asses of to pay for these cars..

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
cant the 5 speeds only take like 340nm of torque...?

oh and yeh ur gonna need some internal upgrades :p

blnls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS M6
After the 12K cost of this CAPA kit, and the costs of upgraded trans, internals, exhaust etc...the age old argument (which i firmly believe in now...yes i've been converted...) is why spend all this money on a V6 when a V8 can get the same power for a 1/4 of the price?
And also, lol the people who own these cars would not be spending their time on an internet forum...they'd be out working their asses of to pay for these cars..

Yes agree totally. not to mention the extra torque you get from an ls1 , ls2 , ls3 ect

Why waste your money on trying to get big power out of a v6? And then having to upgrade and strengthin every other part of the drive line to cope with it? I just dont see the point!
When you could spend the same $$ on any of the LSx's and definetly get more power with more reliability! And if it was a T56 6 speed all you have to do is put a decent clutch in it for drive line reliability and you done. My car is a VZ SS Ls1, Stock except for a harrop blower and a ceramic clutch and when last on Autotechniques (vcm performance) dyno it made 315rwkw and 800nm of torque at the wheels. Now i'm not saying it's a absolute power house but it's no slouch.

BUT an answer to the OP for his original question....Yes you will have to upgrade just about every part of the V6 driveline INCLUDING THE DIFF. If you get close to your claimed power figure.

Last edited:

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
My car is a VZ SS Ls1, Stock except for a harrop blower and a ceramic clutch and when last on Autotechniques (vcm performance) dyno it made 315rwkw and 800nm of torque at the wheels. Now i'm not saying it's a absolute power house but it's no slouch.
QUOTE]

BLNLS1, i want your car haha.
And yes, in answer to the original Question for the poor digga who asked it..
find yourself a reconditioned HSV LSD diff, prob 3.07 for all round performance and from a VY or VZ, nothing earlier. you'll prob end up paying between 1000-1500 for it but it will last, and give you a hassle free run.
good luck

06vzcalais

Reaction score
the reason for him not working the LS motors is cause EVERYONE is doing it, after all it is his car his money and his choice. He has upgraded cams and a list of other custom interals this car is not a complete project as of yet, he drove it 500m and the running gear crapped itself. it seems alott of companies these days have the same attitude as half the people on this forum dont believe it till they see it. he however wants to keep this car as a weekender not a strip weapon.........