Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff oil

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Hey guys looking at getting a 3.46 lsd for my sv6 it's got 175xxx on it but it's cheap $450 and going to try bargain him down to 400, planning on installing it myself, don't think I'm going to open it just straight swap centres was should I make sure I do and what oil/s are needed,
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I just got some dif oil, I think it was Nulon 80w140, but has to have the additive included. Should say on the bottle if the appropriate additive is included. Although a mate of mine was told after he got his diff rebuilt that the additive is not required

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Castrol is excellent quality oil,i believe the additive is also included, just check eith the auto store, or you could check out oil brand websites,they usually have a vehicle search and tell you what oils etc are available for your vehicle

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Thanks guys, not sure if I should buy a diff with such high kms though wouldn't want to put it in and have single peg every where like it already does, ( early 05 sv6 before lsd became standard), reckon I should just balls a high ks one 450 is still the cheapest I've found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Thanks guys, not sure if I should buy a diff with such high kms though wouldn't want to put it in and have single peg every where like it already does, ( early 05 sv6 before lsd became standard), reckon I should just balls a high ks one 450 is still the cheapest I've found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your interested I have diff with 80k on it with 2.92 gears (lsd) which I'll take $300 for it.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
Think ratio is wrong, but sound vz sv6 standard gears. Dont go backwards

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4