Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between 91 VP and 93 VP

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Hey everyone just wondering if there are any differences between a 91 VP and 93 VP. eg, paint, performance, looks, interior... you get he idea.

Thanks

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Oh and they are V6 Auto's if that helps... as im on my P's

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
mainly a couple of visual updates between series 1 and series 2. series 1 all taillights double up as stoplights as series 2 only the top to are stop lights. side stripps on the doors have a white line down the center of the door strips. couple of minor changes to the motor. but nothing much

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
vl-vs paint is all much the same, clear coat fades and looks crap so no change there, although the odd 1 did escape the factory and still looks mint.
performance, some changes in the memcal as they ironed out some bugs and made small changes could go better or maybe tamer... same engines, cam, trans etc etc.
vp looks like a vp, 20 year old car, no guarantee it'll be 100% stock it may have had a grill replaced in it's life, but basically not a lot of difference in looks, main differences were simply cosmetic depending on what level the car was, exec, berlina, calais etc etc.
interior, same as the outside cosmetics.

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
awesome thats the info im after. Also would anyone know if they changed any of the suspension between 91 and 93?? as in made it a better/smoother drive?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Probably the biggest single difference is that the larger 290mm front discs with the finned calipers were made standard on all models. That also means 15" wheels are standard.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
If you looking at buying, go for the 1993, It's a newer car, should have more features.. Features they have.. I dont know..

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
yea my parents have a 91 VP and they are limiting everything i do to it so i wasn't sure if i would just buy it off them or buy another a VP. Looks like ill be getting a 93 model.

Thanks everyone, is you have any other information please post it. Thanks.

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
far as I have seen the 93 came with abs on some of the executives I think ?, color coded front grille, 290mm front rotors with finned calipers(for V6 & V8), full padded head rest?

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Awesome as, thanks mate.

Keep them coming!