Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

difference between aussie and NZ VN's !!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My 5 liter VP executive with IRS and FE2 was ordered for a real estate company, what a way to get carried around looking at houses. I can imagine it now. Here we have a nice house, it's just up there around that flat sweeping corner. WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP :p

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
My VP exec was bog grandpa stock until I got it. So it has electric aerial (snapped off in a carpark), electric mirrors, standard immobiliser, suspension pack, central locking (doesn't work, don't ask me why), and a host of other goodies.
It didn't come with a tacho, but I fitted a VS tacho and temp/fuel gauges into the VP lvl 1 cluster. Works a charm. Looks nice too. It's an ex-fleet vehicle.

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
also mentioined sumwhere else, limited models of the VP to the VS came fitted with a 2.6L opel V6 ive seen a few of these around lately, i dont think those are in aussie either

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
^^^Okay...I ain't never heard of that engine in a commodore. Anyone got any pics of that?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
3.8L of executive power!! said:
also mentioined sumwhere else, limited models of the VP to the VS came fitted with a 2.6L opel V6 ive seen a few of these around lately, i dont think those are in aussie either

It's quite simple what we got here, the 5 liter and 3.8 "series one" buick 3800, which was then updated with the "EV6" engine (series 2 VN to VR) then we got the "series 2"/"ecotec" with the VS. That's all :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
i want to load the photos of my berlina with the camira engine, when i figure how to get the bloody digital camera workin, it looks funny i tewll ya, and to bne honest isnt really that bad to drive, its been fitted with a 3" exhaust so it sounds grunty, lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My VN series 1 V6 got the electric aerial, power locks, boot release etc but it's not fitted with an o2 sensor. it looks like their is wiring there for it but it earths out under the coil pack (single wire). also, does the 5 speed manual have a rev limiter.....mine won't rev over 4900rpm??? i have a sticking tacho also