Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between Clubby and SS?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
oh, & it might be lame, but id rather mine car than a calais

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeh well it probably goes a bit better than mine since last time i saw it... it was upside down... lol...

But .. hell i loved my calais... and I'm sure it'd **** on your "rocket" hsv too :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VooDoo said:
Tune, body kit, suspension, minor interior bits (better seats), climate control as they are based on the berlina not the exec.

Brakes are 330mm front/315mm rears on the HSV, Engines are exactly the same but HSV gets a twin 2.25" exhaust and extractors. They also got a better MAF pipe on the R8 (some models).

For the $$ the SV8 is the pick and gets better times at the track with very minor mods

IMHO I like the seats of the SS over a base Clubby. R8 are fine but when I was considering the VX, the Clubby seats were rubbish.

As you said though - bang for buck = SV8 if you are looking for lap times.

Reaper

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
mattman said:
Yeh well it probably goes a bit better than mine since last time i saw it... it was upside down... lol...

But .. hell i loved my calais... and I'm sure it'd **** on your "rocket" hsv too :)

you wish ********, mayb if you werent a ******** you still have it.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
hahaha... it would kick your ass... probably still would if it was legal to drive it..

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
watever you reckon, im not replying anymore, your really not worth it plus this isnt my thread, shounak sorry for the off topic

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
VooDoo said:
Tune, body kit, suspension, minor interior bits (better seats), climate control as they are based on the berlina not the exec.

Brakes are 330mm front/315mm rears on the HSV, Engines are exactly the same but HSV gets a twin 2.25" exhaust and extractors. They also got a better MAF pipe on the R8 (some models).

For the $$ the SV8 is the pick and gets better times at the track with very minor mods

I havent seen climate on any Clubsports until VZ, i know some guys had it optioned...but i didnt believe it was standard.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
pretty bad really, if u were spending 65k+ on a hsv i would EXPECT it to be fully optioned.

i think its time holden pulled their head out and made half the things that are options on their cars standard they would sell more cars.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
true, a base magna has climate, full electrics, cruise etc and holden need to get to a berlina to get all that.

Basically bigger wheels.(lot of money there alone), bigger brakes, higher tuned engine, more rediculous bodykit, better suspension(matter of opinion), few interior gizmos and alot of insurance.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Ripcell said:
pretty bad really, if u were spending 65k+ on a hsv i would EXPECT it to be fully optioned.

i think its time holden pulled their head out and made half the things that are options on their cars standard they would sell more cars.

they'd have no reason to release GTS's then would they... :)

all about milking as much money out of the public as possible... *shrug*