Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between fe2 and sto springs

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
just go FE2 least you wont get defected and ( becuase then when they try you ask them are they gona defect there own cars too ;P) the ride is bumpy enough and definatley lower enough cant put my nose over the concrete slabs in car parks with fe2 and 18" so for ideal comfort and handling get a good set of fe2s (personal opinion i put hadling and comfort before look) as too low on big rims sucks for crusing had my vl calais and my r32 skyline on 19" and low king springs bumpy as hell and then the rattles start (learnt the hard way).

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
Yer excatly what i want, bit stiffer bit lower, ill be chucking some 18x8's on it,

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
Pardon? What do you mean?

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
beautiful if your happy with 30mm lower from FE2 and retain comfort and dont need an engineer cert thats the way to go if you want lower remember the engineer cert the choice is yours xD

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
Will the suit cause they are ute?

KA30TC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 6SPD 5.7L
never looked at a ute to know if there is any differance give holden a buzz and pop the question (was there any differance between fe2 suspenssion between sedans and utes including sports models and hsv's if not ask them the differance between standard and fe2 specs on your vehicle if they say only the 30mm hieght your sweet) i would assue the ute suspenssion may be slighly different due to the weight tolerance required for carrying loads (possibly stiffer) but i cant be sure

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I think the utes had different springs in the back.