Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference Between supercharged Series 2 and Series 3 Statesman

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
You're incorrect, so it's clearly not that easy.

I think the exemption system is great, as it rewards safe drivers by allowing them to drive some "high performance" cars.
If you get caught hooning or drink driving you lose your exemption and have to sell your car and buy something slower. That's about the best incentive you can give a young guy to drive safely
Thats right, The more advance the exemptions get and the more rewarding the safer the road will get. I have a VS clubby and would be happy to take double even tripple points/fines and 6 months impounded if I got caught hooning/being a idiot ( because I wouldn't, not in my pride and joy ), Although due to the idiots rules like that are unlikely to ever be introduced. On another note I am near 100% sure when I first checked their website ( 2-3 weeks ago ) the S2 was approved. But apparently not.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Turboclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbocharged VR Clubsport/Manual L67 S1 VS ute
Thats right, The more advance the exemptions get and the more rewarding the safer the road will get. I have a VS clubby and would be happy to take double even tripple points/fines and 6 months impounded if I got caught hooning/being a idiot ( because I wouldn't, not in my pride and joy ), Although due to the idiots rules like that are unlikely to ever be introduced. On another note I am near 100% sure when I first checked their website ( 2-3 weeks ago ) the S2 was approved. But apparently not.

I completely agree with you here.
I have both a L67 sleeper and a turbocharged VR Clubsport. I am a green P plater in Vic. I refuse to do anything slightly stupid in the clubsport, it is my pride and joy.
As you said, I would pay double the fines and double the points with an impound to be able to legally drive these, but because of idiot hoons this will never be the case.

Turboclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
The L or P plates on the windscreen are usually reason enough.

Yes if your hooning, or doing burnouts to a point that a standard VS/VR should not be then yes they would pop the bonnet.
The police will not simply pull you over and ask to look at your engine based on the plates your displaying on your windows.

Tadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I completely agree with you here.
I have both a L67 sleeper and a turbocharged VR Clubsport. I am a green P plater in Vic. I refuse to do anything slightly stupid in the clubsport, it is my pride and joy.
As you said, I would pay double the fines and double the points with an impound to be able to legally drive these, but because of idiot hoons this will never be the case.
Never mind, didn't read it right, But yeah only thing vic roads should worry about it gen 3's and up, they can dish out some serious power with little money.

Turboclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think any car should be allowed, with harsher penalties for idiots.

Give and idiot a 4 cylinder and they can do as much damage as someone in a 6lt

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
They should of kept it to the power to weight ratio some of the brand new v6's are faster then the old 5lts