Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

difference between ve r8 and ve gts

RIZZO85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve gts
Hi new to this site, want to know the exact difference between the ve clubsport r8 and the ve gts??
besides badges and a couple of kws difference is the any difference between the 2??

thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
badge :) :rofl:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Go for a wander down to your local HSV dealer and look for yourself. They are very different - body kit, seats, motor (tune), exhaust, wheels, EDI options, suspension (MRC) - heaps.

Reaper

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I am also interested in this as I am looking at upgrading soon...

I have not yet had a chance to head to the dealership but I have found the following online:

20" gts rims replace the r8 19"
Electronic damper control
Seats

Go for a wander down to your local HSV dealer and look for yourself. They are very different - body kit, seats, motor (tune), exhaust, wheels, EDI options, suspension (MRC) - heaps.

So regarding your reference to the motor(tune), is the GTS just tuned off the MAP and the R8 MAF/MAP? And if that is true why do they advertise the exact same power and torque figures?

Where is the body kit different other than the badges?

What is the difference between the exhausts?

To be clear I am referring to the E1 MY08 6.2L LS3 varieties.

RIZZO85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve gts
Compared the 2 for my own piece of mind, stil undecided as to which one to buy, think it will come down to which one i can get for a better price, yes the gts has little different suspension and the badging and body kit but apart from that there is no real difference to just a ve r8. Hsv made just as many ve gts as they did clubsports i think, this is why you can purchase a 2nd hand gts for the same price as a ve cluby. Would love a walkinshaw r8 :) 470kw standard damm