Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

digital speed readout/police mode

tysonsvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute m6
Gday, went to the dealer the other day, talked to the blokes there for a while and he gave me a digital speed readout on the digital dash display. its called police mode, it does get rid of the overspeed function but im sure that dosent phase many of you. it takes 5 minutes, and its done the same way you recalibrate your fuel guage.

go to ur nearest dealer and see if thell do it for ya, got mine done for free

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yep, old news. Use the search function and you'll find heaps of info on this.

I don't like digital speedo's anyway, I'd much rather the dial speedo IMO.

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Gday, went to the dealer the other day, talked to the blokes there for a while and he gave me a digital speed readout on the digital dash display. its called police mode, it does get rid of the overspeed function but im sure that dosent phase many of you. it takes 5 minutes, and its done the same way you recalibrate your fuel guage.

go to ur nearest dealer and see if thell do it for ya, got mine done for free
haha... my ex-gf would really appreciate the digital speedo, just coz it gets rid of the over speed thing... she was in my car doin 150km/h on the way to canberra and she was so annoyed each time it told her she was goin over 127km/h... hahhaha

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
haha... my ex-gf would really appreciate the digital speedo, just coz it gets rid of the over speed thing... she was in my car doin 150km/h on the way to canberra and she was so annoyed each time it told her she was goin over 127km/h... hahhaha

Why can't you just set the over-speed higher?

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Why can't you just set the over-speed higher?
lol nah... for some reason, the max is set to 127... oh well... i don't care... she ain't driving my car anymore.. and i have my system turned up heaps loud when i'm driving... so can't hear a thing.. :)

JocRot

Y Series II Clubby
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Series II Clubsport
Just set the overspeed to 0km/h. It is the same as turning it off on the HSVs. Would think its the same on all Y models.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
If you're going to get digital speed enabled, make sure you either set the alert to zero or as high as it will go beforehand. Once its enabled you can't change it. I found this out the hardway. Mine was set on 115 and every time I overtook and gave it a bit, it would drive me crazy with the beeping! :bang:

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
yeh mines set at 160km/h, dunno about it maxing out at 127??

only had it beep at me once on a road with no speed limit, out in the country