Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

digital speedo. did u know?

V

vsclarion4u

does everyone know that if you hold the two outside buttons on the speed alert (usually to turn it off) before you start the car and keep holding it down til you start driving it works like a digital speedo telling you ur exact speed. it works until you turn off ur car. it's a good way of comparing it to ur needle speedo to see for accuracy. does anyone else know this or am i just soo yesterday???? try it :coolpimp:

V

VSAccCom

YES YES OMG we know do a search before u post there is like 4 pages on the fkn topic

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yeah someone also posted that if you hold down all three buttons in acc, turn it to on but keep holding, then after a while i'll come up with 100, press set and bang, 24/7 digital speedo even comes back on when you turn your car off and on again. no orange flashing light and to shut it off? easy just do it again.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Patrio7 said:
yeah someone also posted that if you hold down all three buttons in acc, turn it to on but keep holding, then after a while i'll come up with 100, press set and bang, 24/7 digital speedo even comes back on when you turn your car off and on again. no orange flashing light and to shut it off? easy just do it again.
Tried it on my VX Exec.. Doesn't work..

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
yeah i've only known that trick to work with the VR/VS speed alerts. the later models do it differently or something.

V

VSAccCom

to scared to try it just incase its there per and i cant get rid of it but i guess u could always just dc the batt

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
Never saw these threads but hey thats pretty cool ill have to give it a go!

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
I just tried it then and the one where you press the outside two buttons works cept the bloody light flashes all the time and also when you turn it off whilst driving the low fuel light is displayed(dunno what thats all about). Cant seem to get the one where you press all three buttons then start her up to work :ranting: .
If anyone has done this one and got it to work let me know.

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
BANGERS88 said:
I just tried it then and the one where you press the outside two buttons works cept the bloody light flashes all the time and also when you turn it off whilst driving the low fuel light is displayed(dunno what thats all about). Cant seem to get the one where you press all three buttons then start her up to work :ranting: .
If anyone has done this one and got it to work let me know.

The way i did it was hold the two outside buttons while in acc position, wait till it beeps at you and 100 comes up on the screen. then once thats happened press set button. then turn car on, 100 should flash up again then it will go to 0. This worked for me with no flashing light or (light at all) and no fuel light on too! (what the)
Also if you press the set button while driving it will save the speed u were going at and u can press the up/down to see what speed u saved... don't know what u'd use that for except maybe showing ur mates "look how fast i went"?!?