Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Digital TV in car

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
I was curious with all the new stereo's with built in DVD and TV, if anyone has actually managed to get a good TV picture in their car?
Yes we all know it's illegal to have video etc on while vehicle in motion blah blah blah.... point taken but technically speaking, with all these fancy antennas etc, I have trouble getting anything but SBS. I have a 12V DVB-T tuner playing through the VE LCD screen. Even when stationary, I hardly get any decent picture and I have tried about 4 different types of antenna. (rabbit ears, magnetic base digital stubby, magnetic base digital with booster, and finally what looks like diversity with 2 wires protruding from a black box stuck to rear window powered by 12V). None offer any rear good picture but I do occasionally get ABC, more often get reasonable SBS and easily get EXPO, almost never 7, 9 and 10.
Would be interested in anyone else's experience with in car TV (Digital) reception. Analogue gets most channels but they are snowy at times.:computer:

rcnugget

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Exec
im the same I can only get sbs in most locations , managed to get Ch10 in some spots but not when moving, mind you im only using a crappy $30 tuner from jb hifi...

I tried using a 240v signal amp that I had laying around home .. I had some success with it but again not while moving, had perfect picture when I stuck a giant digital antenna in my back seat even while moving ...... seems you cant get a good antenna for cars for the signal strength in this great country

cartoonwally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Hey mov,

You can't receive DVB-T while moving, well you may get it when ur moving very slowly, but otherwise physically impossible. I won't bother explaining why, but if you'd like to read my paper i did on digital television including the DVB-T theory then i'd be more than happy to send the relevant section to you :) Try a DVB-H receiver instead.