Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/ / / Dijm8's Subaru Impreza

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Or the fact it has more torque and not 2 ton of car?

Id like to see your car lined up against this, would make an interesting race, your car makes more power, but is roughly 300kg heavier

even though dij is making less power, its possible it could keep up with your g6et with some good driving

would be cool to find out

Love both cars btw, not a ford fan in any way, but i do like your car Airstrike and with 395rwkw its obviously a weapon of a thing.
Shame these things are so heavy though, i cant understand why ford didnt try and at least try to make an alloy block instead of a lead weight cast iron brick of a thing they have overplayed for years and still haven't corrected the major issues with the heads'

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What major issues with the heads? Mine makes almost 400rwkw and run 130+ MPH with a stock head and valve train.
In a straight line easy my car, throw one corner in and I've lost.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
EVO's are miserable in a straight line. as much of a fan as i am, they seriously lack pull up around 120kmph. your only hope against a similar powered V8 is to get a really good launch and pull a car length or more off the start.

problem is, EVO's are not all that easy to get moving from a stopped position. a lot of kids say "rev it to 8 and clutch dump" i can say without any shadow of a doubt that all that will yeild is a whole bunch of fked clutch. they really need to be finessed off the line. im sure dijm8 will find the sweet spot after a few weeks.

but seriously, its like:
too many revs>too quick off the clutch= free spinning clutch
not enough revs>too quick off the clutch= stalled
not enough revs>perfect off the clutch= bogged down, waiting for turbo to catch up (which will be so much worse with his FMIC)
too many rev>perfect off the clutch= kangaroo hopping for a decade

its like you need get the revs at precisly 4567rpm and the clutch needs 12% engagement at 45rpm increments as long as the ambient temp is 26.75 deg C and the inclination of the road doesnt exceed +12.845 degrees

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So what your saying Ari is you need to put a powerglide in it?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
A guy I work with has an Evo X with DCT or whatever Shitsubishi call them. The thing only requires a driver to point and shoot. It's a weapon.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Yeah we have a ton of GTA nana boxes over here..

Where's the Evo III 's at..

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
What major issues with the heads? Mine makes almost 400rwkw and run 130+ MPH with a stock head and valve train.
In a straight line easy my car, throw one corner in and I've lost.

From mates xr6T's and G6ET's one expensive issue is the head gasket failing and warping the head.

Even on the old SOHC inline 6's this was an issue

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
From mates xr6T's and G6ET's one expensive issue is the head gasket failing and warping the head.

Even on the old SOHC inline 6's this was an issue
Old I6's had head gasket issues, never heard of them on later models. I know of plenty of cars with 20+psi in them with stock gaskets, no probs.