Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dillons VT executive

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Update

Installed my exhaust today,sounds sweet! Only problem i have is that from the side it looks like it hangs quite low ( I forgot to take picture) is there any way to raise it? I'm going to go into a shop next week to get a tip welded, would they charge much to bolt the tail pipe up or something?

Rims are either going on tomorrow or friday, not sure yet but quite excited!

How much will a mechanic / suspension shop etc cost to have rear springs only installed? Will do the fronts at a later stage just want the rears in for now!

Here's some more pics for those who want to see it just after it got a clean!

Attachments

• IMG_0954.JPG
    IMG_0954.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0953.JPG
    IMG_0953.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

jasonzzz_petey

Supercharged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
looks good man i reccon the blue lights look heaps better than the green stock, is it easy to change?? just need some rims and she will be complete. If you want cream interior you can pick up calais leather full interiors for around $1000 bucks, looks sweet. I took the easy option and just bought a calais lol.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Cheers mate - that's the smarter option, wish I just bought a calais would have been easier!
Blue lights are pretty easy to do and look much better, I bought 2 sets of lights from this fella on ebay - the dash lights you just pull out of the holder and replace. The aircon ones you need to buy the holders and file them back a bit to make them fit. If youre good with soldering its alot easier apparently!

Rims are hopefully tomorrow :D

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
if you did the exhaust yourself, you won't have a problem doing the rear springs yourself.. follow one of the guides on here. you don't even need a spring clamp

jasonzzz_petey

Supercharged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
rear springs literaly pop out when u jack the car up high enough, depends if u wanna change ur shocks aswell when u do it

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
What about getting the new ones in though?
Only going to kings 'low' so won't be changing the shocks at this stage.. maybe later down the track if I go to superlows!

jasonzzz_petey

Supercharged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
rears are easy to do the old ones pop out and the new ones pop in, front is a bit harder as the spring goes arround ur shock, but if you go too low at the back u will get realy bad camber wear on the rear tyers, and need a camber kit, full lowering kit is about $500 off ebay ima get one when i have spare cash lol

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Yeah camber and all that is the reason I'm only going to lows and no further when I have spare cash down the track I'll invest in new shocks, lower springs and a camber kit!
Well I reckon I'llfollow a guide and attempt the rear springs in the next few days!

Last edited:

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
if you have 2 hands and use 5% of your brain, then there is no way you can stuff it up. and yes, i have dont it before haha. just make sure the pigtails at the top of the springs are pointing the same way to avoid uneven ride height. but with lows, even if you dont.. i doubt you will even notice