Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Director v's VFII Redline ground clearance?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the 2017 Director would have less or more ground clearance than a VFII Redline?

Looking at purchasing a house today and have a VFII Redline to test the ground clearance in the driveway, was hoping that if this car clears the driveway ok then the Director should pass with flying colours?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the 2017 Director would have less or more ground clearance than a VFII Redline?

Looking at purchasing a house today and have a VFII Redline to test the ground clearance in the driveway, was hoping that if this car clears the driveway ok then the Director should pass with flying colours?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Your best bet is to talk to Supercoach who has a Redline and a Motorsport with MRC. He can provide a direct comparison. The Director should sit exactly the same as the MSE as both have MRC. I suggest you send him a PM.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have a Calais V V6 and a Redline and I can say the Calais scrapes the front a lot more than the SS does. If the Director has the same Calais Bumper, then you will find that black plastic bit under the bumper will touch. Looking at the Calais with FE1, it seems to sit lower than my Redline

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Holden literatures lists the ground clearance for the VF as 110mm which is ridiculously low and 10mm higher than the series 2 VE and the legal minimum requirements. The difference between the touring ie Calais and sports models ie Redline is that the touring models have more overhang front and rear hence the experience mentioned by Anthony121.

Note the Evoke with the country pack installed has 165mm of ground clearance. I am not sure of MRC equipped models but by late Sept when my MSE arrives I will be able to compare it to the Calais V.