Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dirtbikes - who's into them?

MITTZ

smoke em' up!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
ive got a pit bike, but only coz i cant afford anything better! its a 140cc 4 stroke and its hell fun to tear around small tracks! i mainly ride at my cousins place, they have about 80 acres

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
not into dirt, into road. any bike is awesome fun.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Pit Bikes = AWESOME FUN! lol mate has a few of them, a thumpster 110cc and the 125cc version as well, heaps of fun to smash those lil things :D would love to get one of those 140cc's registered so i could use it to run up to the shops n back or to mates places :D

anyway just remembered my most stupidest moment on my bike...was out at the bridge and was taking my mate for a strap around the place, we come to this creek crossing and with the water being hell muddy i decided to jump off and check the depth...seemed like only a foot deep so told my mate wait here and i'll sus it out....took off, hit the creek and then massive sink :( only the top of the bars could be seen and i got thrown...it wasn't 1 foot deep at all :p you get some funny looks going back to your trtailer with your mate in tears and your drenched from head to toe..

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Pit Bikes = AWESOME FUN! lol mate has a few of them, a thumpster 110cc and the 125cc version as well, heaps of fun to smash those lil things :D would love to get one of those 140cc's registered so i could use it to run up to the shops n back or to mates places :D

anyway just remembered my most stupidest moment on my bike...was out at the bridge and was taking my mate for a strap around the place, we come to this creek crossing and with the water being hell muddy i decided to jump off and check the depth...seemed like only a foot deep so told my mate wait here and i'll sus it out....took off, hit the creek and then massive sink :( only the top of the bars could be seen and i got thrown...it wasn't 1 foot deep at all :p you get some funny looks going back to your trtailer with your mate in tears and your drenched from head to toe..

lol that reminds me of a mate... He bought a brand new Yamie YZ250(?) went to go through a river crossing. Deeper then he thought, he lost the bike as it started floating down stream. He found it about 1km up the river, and he couldnt get it out, so he moved into some scrub and hid it. Rode back an hour an half with a mate to go get the ute. a nice 2 hours and 47 minute drive (they filmed it haha) back to the bike, they winched it back out. Gearbox, motor everything full of water and mud. Drained all the oil and regreased everything and she lives on.

Same mate, put another mates brand new bike on the trailer after taking it for his first ride, he didnt put the front tie downs on properly, thus it coming off and getting dragged behind the trailer *insert face palm*

I swear to never let this mate go near my bike haha.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
i love my bikes:D
just the feel of getting out and just riding, you and your bike no one else to factor
with. riding hard or just crusing its relaxing

much preffer my yz over the old wr i had, the power is more usable for the trails i ride on but the powerband was quite fun still
the yz still has enough skating action when i open it fully:yeah:

anzac day last year i had a good stack and was out of work for 3 months
havnt really riden much sinze as ive knuckled down on the vl and getting it done but this weekend im thinking of heading out

my bike
2005 yz250f

powering over studders

my old Yamaha 1996 WR250Z, 2 stroke

there is a link in my sig to my bikes thread which has pictures of my injuries too lol

Last edited:

burnsy150

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 96 acclaim
I've got myself an 06 yz250 love it to bits easy to maintain and 10 times reliable as my bloody commodore haha...i love the snap of a 2 stroke but 4 stroke the way to go around the track..i ride around private property and also a couple of mx tracks...love the sport!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
bush riding is great, i mainly ride my 05 TE450, it got stump pulling torque and is really easy to ride, i mainly just ride around the south coast of nsw, i enjoy camps, day trips etc etc, longest 1 day trip was 173km's from 10am to 3pm, including, lunch, stops etc etc

i prefer slow technical stuff, rather than high speed trails, theres nothing more adrenalin pumping than technical stuff

pics of my bikes are listed in the threads below VVV

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
wouldn't mind trying one out! we used to ride at a spot called bridge to no-where (brissy boys will know the place) and seen a few of these out there bashin around, looks like heaps of fun, and what surprised me about them is they can really hammer!

You'll love it, mate. My mates is a 4 stroke, with independant rear suspension, which helps along rough terrain.
I went out to Frogmore early last year, i forget the bike i was on but geez it hammered it was only a 220cc, had a awesome time
Unlike most Quads that are solid axles.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
More reliable, less hassle. As for racing, well the same can be said of the Moto GP. 4 strokes are just a far more predictable beast. With the reduction of weight in frame technology, dirt bikes can now afford to have bigger 4 stroke engines over 2 strokes.

Since when were 2-stroke motors less reliable than 4-stoke?!? Not to mention you get ~half the power from having half the number of power strokes! Am I missing something?!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Since when were 2-stroke motors less reliable than 4-stoke?!? Not to mention you get ~half the power from having half the number of power strokes! Am I missing something?!

think they were more so meaning up keep/matinace not so much reliable
like anything its only as reliable as you make it, keep it serviced and clean, dont thrash it too much and it will last

4 stroke, service every 50 hours, just straight 98ron unleaded
2 stroke, mix fuel if no built in mixer, plugs every few rides or some case every ride,

4 stroke, repair bill more expensive
2 stroke, rebuld cheap

so both have there goods and bads

i had the my wr250z for a few hours before i blew the motor, got it rebuilt and just kept having probs with the tunning and running of it.
kinda turned me off the 2 stroke but i reckon it was more so down to my bad luck with the bike, LEMON so sold it to a wreaker

got the yz250f and havnt looked back. its much nicer to ride seems as it would be on par with the wr speed wise easy and its much lighter and nimble
93kg dry weight, great fun popping it up in third over ruts along the trails :D