Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dis-connecting immobiliser

Just_Ice

Reaction score
Don't ask me why but a mate has disconnected his immobiliser....(bypassed it)

He has connected all the wires back up, but now his Alt/battery light stay on and the battery doesn't charge......

Is there something connected to the Immobiliser that what have an effect on that or is it just a freak of nature that the Alt has crapped itself at the same time..

Thanks.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
what model car & what type of immobiliser?
(my crystal ball is a bit cloudy at present)
Rob

Namheul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
The light means the battery isnt charging, and he probably needs a new alternator regulator.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
Ludacris said:
Don't ask me why but a mate has disconnected his immobiliser....(bypassed it)

He has connected all the wires back up, but now his Alt/battery light stay on and the battery doesn't charge......

Is there something connected to the Immobiliser that what have an effect on that or is it just a freak of nature that the Alt has crapped itself at the same time..

Thanks.
dont forget, the relays operate differently, swap black wires over as one relay is self locking supply the other with power, if wrong ign system may be open circut, the alt needs to be negative feild while static, if its live as running it wont charge and cook the diodes in regulator, in other words if it aint f****d dont fix it